About to pull the trigger on a Ball but need some help!!

Thread: About to pull the trigger on a Ball but need some help!!

About to pull the trigger on a Ball but need some help!!

Hey guys, i've posted here before a while back with questions on the Night Train. Since then, i've been doing alot of reading but no participating. I finally decided on picking up the white dial Night Train. I have been in contact with About Time for a few weeks and they have been great. My initial decision came down to the aviator gmt (cream) and the Night Train (white). It's been a very hard decision, with reading all the great posts and seeing all the pics, but I think the Night Train is the most versatile, mostly for the great looking bracelet.
    Now for some of my more pressing questions. What are the actual colors of the tubes on the white dial. I was told that they are the same as the newer version of the black dial (all green with a red/orange "12"). That sounds good, but I am liking the pics of the yellow and green of the white dial. Also, I really haven't seen anyone post a white dial on the forums in quite a while. Does anyone know of one that might be available? An older model preferably.
    I love WUS and the Ball official forum. I can't wait to be "initiated" into Ball Watch when I finally make my purchase. Hopefully you guys can give me one more step in the right direction. Thanks.

Re: About to pull the trigger on a Ball but need some help!!

I just flipped my first generation "White Train" last week.

I would see if the Ball 5-link bracelet fits the new Aviator GMT. If it does, I'd buy the GMT before the "White Train." While the tubed minute markers are spectacular, I really disliked the UTC/Military Time window.

Remember too that the White Train dial is a silvery white. The GMT dial is cream white. There is a subtle but noticeable difference.

Rob

Off by a week. Wow, that sucks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by roberev View Post
    I just flipped my first generation "White Train" last week.
    What!?! How did I miss that? I've been living on this forum for the last two months....I'm gonna go cry in the corner now....LOL

To the OP, your best bet is to go to an AD and see them for yourself. The pics you see online are great, but they look sooo much better in person!

I was 100% sure I was going to get the Aviator, but when I tried it on, it was just too big for my 6.5 inch wrist. My 2nd. choice was the Aviator GMT but they didn't have any in stock.

My next choice was the Night Train, but I kept looking at the 43mm Fireman as well, again, all of these watches look so much better in person. I ended up with the Fireman because I wanted the SS bracelet and it looked better on my wrist.

Let us know what you get

Thanks guys for the input. It's a tough decision overall. When I do get my first Ball, I'll let you know.

Post us some pic when you get your BALLs.

Confused Re: About to pull the trigger on a Ball but need some help!!

it was just too big for my 6.5 inch wrist.
    I kept looking at the 43mm Fireman as well
    My wrist measures between 6.75 and 7 and consider it to be tiny. I plan to get my first fine time piece within the next few months and it will be a Ball. AD's are some distance away so I am soaking in info befor I make that trip. I would be most interested if someone could post pics of 40mm and 43mm case Balls and note the wrist size they are displayed on. I have been eying models with 38-40mm cases exclusively because many watches I have worn in the past have made my wrist look even more miniscule.

My wrist size: 8"

Wrist shots of 40mm Ball EMII:

Wrist shots of 41mm Ball Trainmaster L&I:

Wrist shots of 43mm Ball Night Trains:

Wrist shots of 44-45mm Ball Alligator:

Wrist shots of 46mm Ball Aviator:

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Red Horn View Post
    My wrist measures between 6.75 and 7 and consider it to be tiny. I plan to get my first fine time piece within the next few months and it will be a Ball. AD's are some distance away so I am soaking in info befor I make that trip. I would be most interested if someone could post pics of 40mm and 43mm case Balls and note the wrist size they are displayed on. I have been eying models with 38-40mm cases exclusively because many watches I have worn in the past have made my wrist look even more miniscule.
    For what it's worth, I have wrists that measure in the same sizing as you. My concern has been case size as well and I bought a 38mm Engineer II Ohio. I love the fit of it and now know that a 40mm case would also fit well on my wrist. Perhaps the pictures below will help you out. Note that I had no AD in my state and bought my Ohio without trying on, or for that matter even seeing, a Ball. Fortunately the AD that I bought it from stated that I could return it if sizing was an issue.

32mm Seiko and a quarter showing how narrow the top of my wrist is:

38mm Ball. It's hard to get perspective from this image but the edge of the round part of the case on both ends is ~ .5" from the side of my wrist.

In a few months or so I will be scouting for a used Fireman in 40mm. I suspect that I can comfortably go as high as 42mm in Ball now.
    Last edited by Chris_L; January 9th, 2009 at 04:34.

Thread Information