After 3 weeks with my new Ball EH Spacemaster X-lume (Glow).....
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By abullockmd

Thread: After 3 weeks with my new Ball EH Spacemaster X-lume (Glow).....

After 3 weeks with my new Ball EH Spacemaster X-lume (Glow).....

I can say that I am extremely impressed and pleased with my purchase. This I my first automatic and my first Ball. The attention to detail and quality of construction is outstanding, especially considering the price. I have had a chance to compare it side by side to several friend's watches (Panerai, Rolex, Breitling) and I am not disappointed. I love the tritium lume! This is what drew me to Ball and this watch. 80 tubes and 3 colors. I already had 2 Luminox and Ball was the logical "upgrade."

My watch is keeping excellent time. I have found that if I lie it dial up at night, I lose 2 seconds per day. Even this is well under COSC -4/+6 standards. If I keep it on my winder at night, it gains a second or so per day. In over 3 weeks of run time, it is now only 10 seconds slow total! If I could change anything, it would only be to recess the pip in the bezel. It has a sharp edge that can catch the edge of a pocket or the underside of a shirt sleeve.

Lastly, thanks to all that post here regularly. I used this site for research prior to the purchase and it was extremely useful. Special thanks to Samanator!
    Attached Images Attached Images

TTL, samanator and Kid_A like this.

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Re: After 3 weeks with my new Ball EH Spacemaster X-lume (Glow).....

The Spacemaster X-Lume has continued to be a very popular model even now five years later. Having a easier to read larger dial then the previous generation EHC and 80 tubes has made it very popular. BTW welcome to the forum.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

IMHO looks pretty massive indeed. very good choice. ball is doing exceptional job.
    Quote Originally Posted by abullockmd View Post
    I can say that I am extremely impressed and pleased with my purchase. This I my first automatic and my first Ball. The attention to detail and quality of construction is outstanding, especially considering the price. I have had a chance to compare it side by side to several friend's watches (Panerai, Rolex, Breitling) and I am not disappointed. I love the tritium lume! This is what drew me to Ball and this watch. 80 tubes and 3 colors. I already had 2 Luminox and Ball was the logical "upgrade."

My watch is keeping excellent time. I have found that if I lie it dial up at night, I lose 2 seconds per day. Even this is well under COSC -4/+6 standards. If I keep it on my winder at night, it gains a second or so per day. In over 3 weeks of run time, it is now only 10 seconds slow total! If I could change anything, it would only be to recess the pip in the bezel. It has a sharp edge that can catch the edge of a pocket or the underside of a shirt sleeve.

Lastly, thanks to all that post here regularly. I used this site for research prior to the purchase and it was extremely useful. Special thanks to Samanator!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It was the first time I saw Ball watches and the first watch I saw an was the X Lume. I loved it. After getting one last summer It is, and still remains my favorite Ball design. It just Scratches all my itches. Even with all the new designs, I've still not been swayed to flip it. I like several other models but my first love is the "X Lume". By the the tritium burns out, I'll be ready for a new Ball design.

Ps. The blue Nedu is about the only other one which would make me forego the XLume.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Voodoo13; May 21st, 2014 at 03:40.

I must agree:
    Got mine just last week

However I really miss my Trieste:

WATCHEs

Several Odds and Ends I rotate all keep time

What color is that? Black? I don't see the small red indices.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Very nice.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Wow I have not seen a Trieste in a while. There were two shades of blue on the X-Lume and you got the better of the two IMO.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Thread Information