Airport Radiation Dectors

Thread: Airport Radiation Dectors

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Airport Radiation Dectors

Ok who of you have worn a BALL watch and have passed through the airports without setting off the radiation dectors? Since there is radiation coming from the tritium tubes i assume this can be detected by their radiation detectors? does this pose a problem with the airport authorities?
    I dont want to buy one oversea's only to be stopped on the way back over haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa and have a cavity search

Banned

Re: Airport Radiation Dectors

I flew today and wore the watch through the metal detector. Nothing happened. My tubes are T25. I don't think you will have any issues.

EJ

I have a Moonglow

with the T100 rating and it hasn't set off any alarms yet either.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd be cautious... they almost tried to make me give up a Surefire e2L, as it didn't have batteries in it, and they claimed it was a Kuboton. I had to open up a pack of CR123's and put them in so they could see.

The TSA isn't the most reasonable bunch, I'd perhaps send them an email on the status of Tritium Tubes in watches, print off the response and keep it with me.

I'd have never thought of this. I flew last week wearing my Fireman - no problems.

So are you guys wearing them through the metal detectors, or are you running them through he x-ray machines. I have been taking mine off - thinking that they would surely set off the metal detector . . .
    "To err is human. And stupid." - George Carlin

Casio Pathfinder (PAW1300-1V)
    Ball Fireman (First Generation) Orange Numerals, Black Face, Stainless Steel
    Ball Fireman Storm Chaser
    Ball Engineer II Moonphase, White Dial, Ball Alligator Strap

Yeah, I always take my watches off as well.

Tagged for more info.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Karl View Post
    So are you guys wearing them through the metal detectors, or are you running them through he x-ray machines. I have been taking mine off - thinking that they would surely set off the metal detector . . .
    To clarify, I wore my watch through the metal detector without any issues. If there were x-ray machines somewhere, I didn't notice them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mugszy27 View Post
    To clarify, I wore my watch through the metal detector without any issues. If there were x-ray machines somewhere, I didn't notice them!!!
    Me too - I have always worn my watches through the metal detectors and have never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rvbert8 View Post
    I'd be cautious... they almost tried to make me give up a Surefire e2L, as it didn't have batteries in it, and they claimed it was a Kuboton. I had to open up a pack of CR123's and put them in so they could see.

The TSA isn't the most reasonable bunch, I'd perhaps send them an email on the status of Tritium Tubes in watches, print off the response and keep it with me.
    so they would be find if there's batteries in it and it works? but not fine if there's no batteries in it and it then could be a weapon?

i wonder what would happen if they say a E2D without batteries in it ... LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information