Alternative Bracelet for EMII Classic

Thread: Alternative Bracelet for EMII Classic

Alternative Bracelet for EMII Classic

I am very interested interested in the EMII Classic. I've seen it in person at my AD (on a leather band) and it is my favorite of the Balls. I want to buy it w/ a bracelet, but the style of bracelet it comes on just doesn't do it for me. I would prefer one of the bracelets from the Trainmaster series: first choice the "multi-segmented" (for lack of a better term) bracelet on the Cannonball, Dual Time or TMT, and second the oyster style on the GMT Chrono and 60 Second.

I found this thread where Rob (roberev) was able to put on one of these:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=79612

My AD just called and said he talked to Ball and they said it wouldn't fit, and bracelets would only fit amoung the same line.

Is this a case where they just don't want to swap this out for a new watch? Do I need to buy the EMII Classic and buy an addtional bracelet seperately? Any thoughts, especially from Rob on any Ball reps that post here would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Rick

Re: Alternative Bracelet for EMII Classic

The 5-link bracelet in my pic below fits my EMII Classic with no modifications. Conversely, my EMII Classic bracelet fits my Trainmaster L&I (but the "look" doesn't do it for me).

A short narrative: I wanted to put a Ball oyster-style bracelet on my Trainmaster L&I and contacted Jeremy accordingly. Jeremy kindly suggested that I contact Ball USA because he thought that one of two 20mm oyster bracelets might work. I had my AD contact Ball USA. They had just fielded this question from another L&I owner and, after trial and error, found that no oyster bracelet fit; but, the 5-link bracelet did! So I bought it.

Just for fun, I tried it on my EMII Classic because, like you, I'm not enthralled with the look of the bracelet that came with the watch (for dress wear primarily). The 5-link fit perfectly! It's now my primary bracelet for the EMII Classic.

One minor item to note: The EMII Classic case is polished, but the end-links of this bracelet ($220 MSRP) are brushed for the most part.

On the Trainmaster:

The look I wanted to achieve if one of Ball's oyster bracelets had fit the L&I:

L&I on EMII Classic bracelet (a perfect fit, but not a perfect match, if you know what I mean):

Rob
    Last edited by roberev; October 11th, 2007 at 03:38.

Re: Alternative Bracelet for EMII Classic

Thanks for the explanation, Rob. I'll see if my AD can get Ball to swap out the EMII bracelet for the 5-link. Otherwise, I'll put in an order for the additional bracelet. I'll be at the AD next week when the Ball Museum hits their store, so maybe a little schmoozing will move things along.

I usually prefer watches w/ black dials, but that L&I is a beautiful watch.

Rick

Thread Information