Alternatives to the expensive Ball Trainmaster Standard Time?

Thread: Alternatives to the expensive Ball Trainmaster Standard Time?

Alternatives to the expensive Ball Trainmaster Standard Time?

I saw the gold Trainmaster Standard Time at the dealer while buying my 60-Seconds and thought it was pretty much perfect for a dress watch. The font of the numbers, the readability, the simplicity... I'd feel like a million dollars wearing this with a suit. But there must be something similar that costs less than $8000! How did it get so expensive? I'd even take quartz if the quality and style were there. Would I get a similar effect by putting an alligator skin strap on my 60-Seconds?

Welcome to BALL Watch . - Official Railroad Watch* - Standard Time - NM3888D-PG-LCJ-WH

Re: Alternatives to the expensive Ball Trainmaster Standard Time?

The price is high basically because it has a gold case. I wish there was a SS-cased version for those of us that would rather spend our money on other things as well. The 60 Seconds II is about as close as you are going to get to a suitable (similar) alternative. I never understand why they can't make steel cased versions of their very pricey gold flagship models, instead of catering to one small high end crowd, two markets could be accessed; besides the high-enders, the rest of us mere mortals.

Yes, I think the Standard Time is a beautiful watch as well. Not being, and never having been, a Wall Street banker it doesn't really fit my life style, pocket book or image--but it is a thing of beauty. It is the same simplicity--the white porcelain dial and vintage style numerals which attracted me to the Power Reserve.
    Last edited by gtuck; July 29th, 2014 at 16:12.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

As much as I like the Standard Time, I would take the Power Reserve AND a Hydrocarbon instead of a single Standard Time...

Thread Information