Announcing... the Trainmaster Secometer

Thread: Announcing... the Trainmaster Secometer

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Announcing... the Trainmaster Secometer

After conquering the American railroads, timepieces from Ball Watch Company started appearing in the pockets of the New World’s leading bankers and wealthy gentlemen. These adventurers of modern times were driven by the notions of discovery and opening up the land, embodied in the powerful locomotives that crisscrossed the country.

As they moved from the pockets of railroad workers into those of the dandies, the watches took on a more stylish appearance. They were finished to reflect the latest trends, but never lost sight of the two principles held so highly by company founder Webb C. Ball: extreme precision and perfect readability.

The curves and exuberance that characterized the Art Nouveau movement gave way to bold geometric forms: elongated octagons and corners cut at 45 degrees. Art Deco was born.

Ball Watch Company has sought to pay homage to this slice of history. The Trainmaster Secometer is heir to the Roaring Twenties model but skillfully incorporates 21st century technology.

Recognizable for its originality and refinement, this limited edition of 500 watches is available in 18K pink or 18K yellow gold. The Trainmaster Secometer has an automatic mechanical movement and is remarkably showcased by its black alligator strap. As in the 1920s, the dial is made easier to read by a seconds disk under the dial. The 12 indexes and the hands are equipped with 3H technology making the time exceptionally easy to read at night.

The presentation case is just one of the many features that echo the watch’s heritage; it opens to reveal a magnificent pocket watch, the back of which is decorated with a monogram drawn by Webb C. Ball himself.

With its tradition of providing explorers with watches that allow them to read the time under the most adverse conditions, whether by day or at night, the Ball Watch Company is now more than ever committed to bringing watchmaking tradition into the spotlight.

Reference number: NM1098D-PG-LCJ-WH
    Movement: Automatic calibre ETA 2895-2, certified by the Swiss Official Chronometer Control
    Functions: Hours, minutes, rotating small seconds and date; 14 micro gas tubes on hour, minute hands and dial for night reading capability
    Case: 18K pink gold with engraved outer bezel and enamel dial, diameter 41mm, height 10.9mm; anti-reflective sapphire crystal and transparent case back; screwed-in crown, water-resistant to 50m; shock-resistant to 5,000Gs
    Band: Crocodile leather strap with 18K gold pin buckle

For more information, please visit www.ballwatch.com next week. The watch will be available at Authorized Dealers very soon.
    Last edited by ballwatch; December 5th, 2008 at 17:50.

...needs to update his signature line.
    July 08 Newsletter: New World Record for Guillaume Néry, Diver GMT, Aviator
    Baselworld 2008 Newsletter: Guillaume Néry, Trieste Chronograph, Moonlight Special
    Click to view the BALL Engineer Master II Diver TMT.

Re: Announcing... the Trainmaster Secometer

Absolutely stunning! This is such an elegant watch. Kudos to the designer(s) and to Ball Watch.

Post forwarded to Santa...

Mitch

Beeeautiful!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

WOW. This is a beauty indeed!!! Any caseback shots? MSRP?
    Very well designed and dignified. Looks like another winner!!!
    kind regards,

scott

vintage and obscure watch lover

Stunning!

watch design is excellent, as is the heritage behind it

very interested in more shots of it. would have ideally liked to see a little more lume, it's personal taste but the understated elegance of the watch is very nice indeed and the lume is in keeping with the overall appearance of the watch. the blued hands are a very nice touch

the small seconds dial is also a big fan of the crown... and the movement 41mm is also a great size.

sadly, limiting it to pink or yellow gold would prohibit me from purchasing, if i were in the market for this watch, no stainless or white gold option but i suppose with a le, stainless should not be expected...

...but, of course, i'm saving my pennies for the royal blue, and potentially a ball perpetual

overall

Very nice indeed!!! I was hoping, although not expecting, a dress watch to come soon. So this will be like with the TM Heritage Lt Ed., with a bonus pocket watch?! Awesome!

Part of me was actually kind of hoping that I wouldn't like this one, as I already want 2 other Ball models! D'oh!!! Like Chansigril, I guess my plan will be to wait and see what the Royal Blue looks like. I'd love to be able to decide between the two of them. Since this one also is Ltd Ed., I will have to also hope that this one is still available when the Royal Blue is released (that IS going to be released at some point, right? ), in case I pass on that one. Of course, it all depends on MSRP too! Very exciting in any event.

I love the crown, and I'm so glad Ball did that. Nice, clean, classic look to the dial too! I never knew they used disks like that in lieu of a seconds hand back in the 20s. I would like to see this up close, as I found the discs in the higher end Tag Heuer models to be somewhat jumpy and not really to my liking. I imagine it takes significantly more energy to operate a disk wheel, as opposed to just a small sub-seconds hand, and maybe that sacrifices a little in smoothness of rotation?

...and it's even chronometer certified... Niiiiiice!!!

Must....know......MSRP!

Regards,
    -Jeff
    Trivia question of the month:
    The history of the Baselworld Watch and Jewellery Show dates back to what year, when there was established the first Schweizer Mustermesse Basel (MUBA) with a special section devoted to watches and jewellery?
    ~Click on my profile and look under my biography for the answer.
    Quote of the month:
    "Give me the perfect oil and I'll make the perfect watch."
    ~ Abraham-Louis Breguet

omg... yet another stunning classic watch !

Wow, impressive piece
    ¿Qué hora son?

TMW

Beautiful design and watch. Look great under the sleeves of a business suit.

Now if I was only a banker or wealthy gentleman...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information