Anyone own a 38mm Ball Engineer?
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By qa_ii
  • 2 Post By timefleas
  • 1 Post By MisterV
  • 1 Post By Nokie

Thread: Anyone own a 38mm Ball Engineer?

Anyone own a 38mm Ball Engineer?

Hello all, question for those that own the 38mm Engineer, reference number nm1016c How old are these models? Did Ball only do a short run of these? Was this a Japan only version? I have been trying to track down the white dialed version for myself and I havenít had much luck finding any information from ADís or from Ball themselves. Thanks for any help!

Pic of model:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by katfromTN; December 29th, 2018 at 01:18.

Re: Anyone own a 38mm Ball Engineer?

Maybe these folks can help you. They still show it on their site, so it may at least be worth a phone call. Note that I've come across their site from time to time, but I've never done business with them. That said, I cannot offer an opinion to their reliability, etc. Ball NM1016C-S1A-WH | Leslie Gold Watch Co.

Another option is to call Rob at Topper, our forum sponsor, if you haven't already. He is very knowledgeable, and may be able to give you info if nothing else. Be sure to tell him you are a forum member if you do call him.

You can also call the US distributor, Ball USA. The number is on their site. Make sure you speak to Brian if you do. He is more knowledgeable than some of the newer folks. Both Brian and Tara have been helpful to me in the recent past.
    katfromTN likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by qa_ii View Post
    Maybe these folks can help you. They still show it on their site, so it may at least be worth a phone call. Note that I've come across their site from time to time, but I've never done business with them. That said, I cannot offer an opinion to their reliability, etc. Ball NM1016C-S1A-WH | Leslie Gold Watch Co.

Another option is to call Rob at Topper, our forum sponsor, if you haven't already. He is very knowledgeable, and may be able to give you info if nothing else. Be sure to tell him you are a forum member if you do call him.

You can also call the US distributor, Ball USA. The number is on their site. Make sure you speak to Brian if you do. He is more knowledgeable than some of the newer folks. Both Brian and Tara have been helpful to me in the recent past.
    Thanks, I have messaged Rob through here but havenít heard back. Itís the holidays so I known itís a busy time for everyone. Iíll be sure to call Ball USA. Iíve been back in forth with some emails but they were with a Florine and there was no luck with any info on these models. Thanks for the info, super helpful!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Kat,
    I was just looking at a Ball catalog last night, published in 2006, and I am pretty sure that this model was in there--during that period there were many more 38mm offerings, besides this. You can do a net search for the Ball catalogs--there are several pdfs, of different years, and as noted, Rob may be able to help, though as you noted, probably very busy at the moment. The models with the tritium numbers, such as the Engineer, above, still look quite good at night, while some models of similar vintage (smaller, less tritium tubes) of course will be fainter. I have owned several of the 38 models--my favorite is similar to the one above, but has the "3"--maybe called Engineer Arabic (poor pict below)--most of the older models are of course VERY hard to find, as many were discontinued nearly a decade ago. I see that you put a ladies 60 seconds up on the board for being too small--it is REALLY REALLY too small? I ask, because that is a truly great watch, and very hard to come by--I had the "male" version, 38mm, first generation, and have always regretted selling it (shown below). Good luck in your search.
    Attached Images Attached Images

katfromTN and MisterV like this.
    Less is More...

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    Kat,
    I was just looking at a Ball catalog last night, published in 2006, and I am pretty sure that this model was in there--during that period there were many more 38mm offerings, besides this. You can do a net search for the Ball catalogs--there are several pdfs, of different years, and as noted, Rob may be able to help, though as you noted, probably very busy at the moment. The models with the tritium numbers, such as the Engineer, above, still look quite good at night, while some models of similar vintage (smaller, less tritium tubes) of course will be fainter. I have owned several of the 38 models--my favorite is similar to the one above, but has the "3"--maybe called Engineer Arabic (poor pict below)--most of the older models are of course VERY hard to find, as many were discontinued nearly a decade ago. I see that you put a ladies 60 seconds up on the board for being too small--it is REALLY REALLY too small? I ask, because that is a truly great watch, and very hard to come by--I had the "male" version, 38mm, first generation, and have always regretted selling it (shown below). Good luck in your search.
    Oh, I didnít realize there was pdfís of old catalogues. Will check them out! Iíve gathered that these 38ís are hard to find. Iíve only had that ladies Trainmaster for a day but itís just so small for me. Itís a beautiful watch but 34-38 is my wheel house with watches. Thanks for all your help, all you guys have been awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    I ask, because that is a truly great watch, and very hard to come by--I had the "male" version, 38mm, first generation, and have always regretted selling it (shown below). Good luck in your search.
    This is a real shame, about them being hard to find. One would think, as they are less popular these days, they would be well represented on the secondary market. I had my eye on some ladies' models too, but with a similar target of 34-38 it's too small to risk. That's a beautiful model in a perfect size right there. I guess the only way is to be persistent in the search...
    katfromTN likes this.
    "My complication had a little complication." (c)

The white dial is very stunning on that watch. I can see why you want one.

Good luck.
    katfromTN likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thread Information