Aviator Radiator Nuclear Powered Watch

Thread: Aviator Radiator Nuclear Powered Watch

Thumbs Up Aviator Radiator Nuclear Powered Watch

Wow. I had no idea how bright this thing is. For those of you combing the web (like I did) looking for night photos to try to get an idea of how it looks at night, let me tell you that nothing you see on the web will give the Aviator the justice it deserves after seeing it in person.

Put it this way, you can just about read by it at night! It is really cool.

If you are looking for the brightest Tritium watch, the Aviator is what you are looking for. Make sure you get the T100 tubes. My wife won't let me sleep with it on. Also, during the day, another cool thing you cannot see in the photos is this...the hour markers are not just white. Under some light conditions, you can see a slight luminescence to the indicators.

Only one little thing I would change......Ball people.......change the date from red to white. The red is a little hard to see at a glance.

Otherwise, awesome watch. I wonder if the radiant heat given off by nuclear powered tubes will keep me warm when it gets really cold ?

Three thumbs up!

Re: Aviator Radiator Nuclear Powered Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Vaportrail View Post
    Wow. I had no idea how bright this thing is. For those of you combing the web (like I did) looking for night photos to try to get an idea of how it looks at night, let me tell you that nothing you see on the web will give the Aviator the justice it deserves after seeing it in person.

Put it this way, you can just about read by it at night! It is really cool.

If you are looking for the brightest Tritium watch, the Aviator is what you are looking for. Make sure you get the T100 tubes. My wife won't let me sleep with it on. Also, during the day, another cool thing you cannot see in the photos is this...the hour markers are not just white. Under some light conditions, you can see a slight luminescence to the indicators.

Only one little thing I would change......Ball people.......change the date from red to white. The red is a little hard to see at a glance.

Otherwise, awesome watch. I wonder if the radiant heat given off by nuclear powered tubes will keep me warm when it gets really cold ?

Three thumbs up!

I have had mine for 2 weeks now and at first I would have agreed that the red date should be changed - but if you make it too prominent it will clash with the hour numbers and spoil the clean look! So now I have decided Ball got it right! I am sure a few clever people at Ball thought long and hard what colour to use so we should respect their decision - anyway for me the main thing is to know what day of the week it is! (life is hectic just now) I can live with taking a second or two to see the date!

Re the tube colour - I find my Ball looks different every time I look at it - the colour in daylight/artificial light can vary from almost pure white to quite bright green. Also you can see the glass glisten in the sun which is pretty cool.

Cheers

Balldy (yes I am!)

Yeah, they are crafty! Pretty cool how different it looks in the varying light! The headlights went out in my car while driving at night yesterday and I simply flicked my wrist outside the window and illuminated the road before me!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

may i know how to identify its under category of T100 or whatsoever??

Quote Originally Posted by lek_e30 View Post
    may i know how to identify its under category of T100 or whatsoever??
    It will have T100 printed on the dial.

is it aviator under T100 category? i thought i saw someone mention its T25

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Actually it should have a T printed on it. This is the license for <100mci but >25mci. Some times it depends on the country you buy the watch from. Not all allow 100mci watches.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

thanks for the info, finally i got this babe... the lume really impress..

Thread Information