Bad information and axes to grind

Thread: Bad information and axes to grind

Bad information and axes to grind

For what ever reason someone puts out disinformation, in the old days we called them lies, it makes me wonder what the purpose of it is? I have an AD very close to me here in Houston for Ball Watch. If a problem arises, he is on the phone to Ball Watch USA and gets me information and answers. He even forwards e-mails between his store and Ball Watch USA on any problem I have encountered, which have been few.

Point being, these gentlemen take care of business and their buyers. When a thread comes out about "I talked to a Ball Watch Tech and he told me this"...is this rubbish or pipe dreams? Are there any Ball Watch Techs outside of Ball Watch USA? I doubt it.

Let us behave as gentlemen and not half guess or half truth on any issues.

Re: Bad information and axes to grind

Quote Originally Posted by Pathfinder View Post
    For what ever reason someone puts out disinformation, in the old days we called them lies, it makes me wonder what the purpose of it is? I have an AD very close to me here in Houston for Ball Watch. If a problem arises, he is on the phone to Ball Watch USA and gets me information and answers. He even forwards e-mails between his store and Ball Watch USA on any problem I have encountered, which have been few.

Point being, these gentlemen take care of business and their buyers. When a thread comes out about "I talked to a Ball Watch Tech and he told me this"...is this rubbish or pipe dreams? Are there any Ball Watch Techs outside of Ball Watch USA? I doubt it.

I'm no genius and I own no Ball watches, but it would seem to me, that if they're Swiss watches, there would be "Ball Watch Techs" outside of the USA? Or perhaps I don't understand what one of these Techs is?
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Tony is the man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathfinder View Post

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I keep hearing fantastic things about Tony. If I'm ever in Houston, I definitely will have to stop by his store.

Rob

Unbelievable service and the man is thousand miles far away from me,highly recommented
    Quote Originally Posted by roberev View Post
    I keep hearing fantastic things about Tony. If I'm ever in Houston, I definitely will have to stop by his store.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by dr creed View Post
    Unbelievable service and the man is thousand miles far away from me,highly recommented
    A cool thing about Ball.'

Our dealers are men of character.

Like Webb C. Ball who had a true web of experts, who as watch inspectors, covered just about every area in the country (heck, even Haltoms in Dallas and Merkely Kendrick in Lousiville and Keller and George and even Mr. Borsheim at Borsheims of Omaha got their start as Webb C. Ball watch inspector AD's) BALL WATCH USA continues to use (for the most part) bona fide "Good guys" as AD's.

tony is a watchmaker. As is our AD in Boston. And our big kahuna at our AD in Arizona is a watchmaker.

Jeff

I am in Malaysia and both the local AD in my city and our capital city provide excellent service and support for Ball. On top of that Ball Malaysia's Sales Manager and Service Tech have been very 'accessable' and their support for cutomers enquiry and quest for the right watch model have been second to none. I have not encountered any serious problem with my watch yet so I cant comment further. But all phone and email enquiry have solicited prompt and favorable response. I am confident you will find the same level of servce and support world wide.

On the web, Ball have 2 Forums that they are supporting which should give us all the answers we need. However the fact remains that Ball is growing world wide. And different market may entail some minor difference - one remains the same = Ball is committed to their market and customers.

Well there definitely is a Ball tech in Singapore. A technician tested my EMII Diver before accepting it for a warranty repair. Although I'm not sure if they are fixing the watch there, or have sent it overseas to be fixed.
    Regards,
    - TY -

Thread Information