Ball Cleveland Express - Photos - 56k Beware

Thread: Ball Cleveland Express - Photos - 56k Beware

Ball Cleveland Express - Photos - 56k Beware

Just got my first nice automatic, a Ball Cleveland Express with the blue dial.
    It's a stunning watch. The dial is not as blue as the photos on Ball's website make it look - it's more of a steel blue, which is perfect for me. The only issue I've had so far is that the clear plastic protecting the sapphire crystal is stuck between the case and the band. Looks like the band has to come off to get that tiny bit of plastic out. Is that something I can do on my own? Rather not drive to the closest Ball AD.

Here's the new batch of pics:

Last edited by DocSmitty; February 14th, 2009 at 18:39. Reason: Added additional photos

Re: Ball Cleveland Express - First Photo

Great watch. Guess you just has to go slow and bit by bit tear off the plastic.

Re: Ball Cleveland Express - First Photo

Very nice, I love the numbering.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Re: Ball Cleveland Express - Photos - 56k Beware

Doc,

congrats on a beautiful acquisition. I have the same watch with a black leather strap. My second Ball watch has the bracelet which fits my wrist perfectly.

To answer your question, yes you can remove the bracelet yourself and get the plastic off. It is easiest to unscrew one of the small screws in the bracelet so the bracelet lays flat. A 1.4mm flat head fits perfectly. You would then have to push the spring bars holding the bracelet to the watch and remove the bracelet. The only concern is scratching the case with the screwdriver. People put small pieces of tape over the metal to protect it.

Another option is to bring it to a watch repairman who could probably take off the bracelet and plastic in about 5 minutes. There is a springbar tool that a repairman would have.

Congrats again, Eric

Re: Ball Cleveland Express - Photos - 56k Beware

I agree with you about the dial color. It is the perfect shade of understated blue. Ball has a real winner in this model.

Rob

Thread Information