Ball dealers in Hong Kong?

Thread: Ball dealers in Hong Kong?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ball dealers in Hong Kong?

Any ideas on how I can get a list of AD in HK?

I will be travelling there next month and want to buy a white face Fireman 43 or Ohio. Thinking I should be able to get better selection there and perhaps price.

I called a local (to me here in the US) AD, and they don't have much stock. I live near Phila PA.

I really want to see one in person before I pull the trigger.

Thanks for any leads...

Re: Ball dealers in Hong Kong?

I would contact Ball Watch Switzerland or PM Jeremy here, who could provide you with a list of dealers there.

And if you could make a trip out towards Cape May, there is a dealer out there that has almost every model in stock.

Unfortunately the Ball website only provides AD adresses for North-America.

I am sure Ballwatch will come along any moment and provide some leads for you.

At any rate, welcome to the forum and good luck with the hunt!
    Marc Levesque
    @MarcTime2watch
    MyTime2watch.blogspot.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Last year, I strolled down Nathan Road in Kowloon one sultry morning and saw a number of very nice stores with Ball watches in the window--don't know if they were ADs or not, but that seemed to be where the "mother-lode" of Balls was located. Prices when converted from HKD to USD were not favorable at that time so I did not consider a purchase. In general though, Hong Kong has great watch shopping possibilities.
    Last edited by CalDiver; September 22nd, 2007 at 17:59. Reason: mis-spelled words
    Chris

"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." -Oscar Wilde
    ==========================
    Collector of Ball, Stowa and Glycine timepieces

I'd go with Chris's advice, dah. Hong Kongers are fanatical about watches, it is the largest market outside the USA for Swiss brands (SFR1.9 billion versus SFR2.3 billion) and there are only 6 million people against 300 million. You will find so many watch shops up and down Nathan Road (as just one example) that you can see every model of Ball you could want by visiting just a few of them -- and they are all competing to win your sale!
    Steve

Sorry, I can't provide a list of store. But I can assure you that they are everywhere. In a 10 minute walk on Nathan Road in Mong Kong from Sino Center to Pioneer Center you will find at least 3 Ball AD, one on Sino Center, one on Pioneer Center, and one in between. Remember to ask for discount. The official discount policy for Ball Hong Kong is a maximum of 25% off the list price. In fact, most store will give you a 25% off right away so you may consider the street price to be 25% off the sticker price. Some small shop like those in Mong Kong ignore the official policy and give you a discount between 30%-40%. I checked out an Engineer II Arabic and an Engineer Master II Chronometer in the Sino Center store a few day ago and the price they quote was more then 30% off listed.
    I have lived in Philly for a year, shopping in Hong Kong is a lot more convenient then shopping in Philly since the shops are so densely packed in the urban area. However remember to check the watch carefully before you pay because most stores do not have a return policy.

Thanks for the info.

I had a quick look on Nathan Road in TST two weeks ago and stumbled across a couple of shops with limited inventory down near Salisbury road.

I will look in Mong Kok next time as our HK office is up there in Grand Century Place - a short walk to Monk Kok MTR / Nathan road.

Where is the Sino center?

Thanks!

It's on 582-592 Nathan road, near the the intersection between Dundas Street and Nathan Road. If you start from the MTR station, just walk south along Nathan Road until you see a watch store with a ball sign(ball clock) sticking out.

Stay away from the stores in TST, especially those with a duty free sign. They are notorious for ripping off tourists.

Ball dealers in the USA have jsut about every model in stock and if not can get them overnited. EVerything is here in the USA.

Try them.

Buy American!

Quote Originally Posted by jhess View Post
    Ball dealers in the USA have jsut about every model in stock and if not can get them overnited. EVerything is here in the USA.

Try them.

Buy American!

Old thread I know ....

but Ball are Swiss made!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information