Ball Deepquest. Version with Numbers on the Dial?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By coltpeacemaker041

Thread: Ball Deepquest. Version with Numbers on the Dial?

Ball Deepquest. Version with Numbers on the Dial?

Getting ready to buy a DeepQuest. Trouble deciding between the Black and Silver Dial.
    was reading blog about it and the blogger shows pictures of a DeepQuest which has numbers on the dial. Ive never seen this anywhere. Does this version exist? Or is it possible to buy this dial aftermarket?

Thanks much!

Re: Ball Deepquest. Version with Numbers on the Dial?

Iím biased toward the silver dial-to me itís more classic, but the black dial is very nice also. Itís a personal choice. Also, Iíve never seen it with numbers. Nor have I seen it on the Ball web site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perth Western Australia (born and family) but ATM I'm based in Queensland Australia in Townsville wi

I just bought a Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon in a blue dial and it's amazing quality watch and Ball is a hidden gem in horology!! Regarding your question I personally like the black dial as I feel it's more versatile. The whites great but it's not black lol. Are these the model watches your looking at? As I said black is king and goes with more outfits plus a black dial is so much more attractive to me! I've never really liked white dialed watches but that's me. Also check out the ball engineer Hydrocarbon models their amazingly well built but chunky at 17.5mm here's a pic off mine...

Sent from my CPH1835 using Tapatalk
    wschofield3 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

At one point I was also thinking about getting Deepquest and looking at black and silver version. I personally would go for black one as it looks more legible.

Quote Originally Posted by coltpeacemaker041 View Post
    I just bought a Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon in a blue dial and it's amazing quality watch and Ball is a hidden gem in horology!! Regarding your question I personally like the black dial as I feel it's more versatile. The whites great but it's not black lol. Are these the model watches your looking at? As I said black is king and goes with more outfits plus a black dial is so much more attractive to me! I've never really liked white dialed watches but that's me. Also check out the ball engineer Hydrocarbon models their amazingly well built but chunky at 17.5mm here's a pic off mine...

Sent from my CPH1835 using Tapatalk
    That NEDU is one of my favorite Ball watches, congratulations on a great pick up!

The DeepQuest model with the very big tritium numbers was a preproduction display, (Basel). To my knowledge, it was never put into production. Reaction to the very large numbers was not positive, to say the least, (you can see some posts on the forum from that time).

I have a DeepQuest with the silver dial and like it very much. From my perspective, the black dial is more traditional, the silver dial is more stealth. I should note that I have a preference for lighter colored dials, white, parchment, silver, etc. Either is great though, it's a great watch. I do wish they had a version with the manufacture movement.

Ultimately personal preference, but hereís my 2 cents. Iím partial to black dials in general but needed to expand my dial palette a bit. Love the subtle texture of this silver dial contrasted against the titanium case (bit more contrast than silver on stainless). Canít go wrong either way though, itís a fantastic watch for the price point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally own and love the black dial version. I feel like the silver version just doesn't stand out as much. Looks very nice nice but I have always been partial to black dials. However, I have not heard of a version with numbers on the dial. Love the deepquest weather it's silver or black dial, rubber strap or steel and titanium bracelet, they all look good to me. I just love the chunkiness of these watches!

I own the silver dial version and love it! Personal preference i guess.Name:  IMG_20190429_121904.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  2.67 MB

fyi, I do dislike the OEM rubber diver strap it came with. I did swap mine out for something a bit more comfortable.

Thread Information