Ball display at recent Hong Kong watch fair

Thread: Ball display at recent Hong Kong watch fair

Picture Ball display at recent Hong Kong watch fair

Here's a pic of the Ball display at the recent Hong Kong watch fair. Shows the EMII Diver Chronometer, but also shows what looks like the black dial EH GMT II, but with the same wider hour markers as the diver cosc and a different handset (or are my eyes deceiving me)...

(pic by kenzo)

Re: Ball display at recent Hong Kong watch fair

Not sure who is the AD (or regional distributor), but showing any watches at a watch fair wrapped in plastic is not a good business strategy IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchFan1 View Post
    Not sure who is the AD (or regional distributor), but showing any watches at a watch fair wrapped in plastic is not a good business strategy IMO.
    Yes, I agree, but I wouldn't mind at all unwrapping that delicious white dial GMT II!
    Chris

"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." -Oscar Wilde
    ==========================
    Collector of Ball, Stowa and Glycine timepieces

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I agree, unwrap them!

Man, how do you like the size difference between the EMII Chronometer Diver and he HC? Still looks like stainless steel to me... lol...
    Marc Levesque
    @MarcTime2watch
    MyTime2watch.blogspot.com

Saw that Engineer Master II Diver chronometer in newspaper ad two days ago. Looks impressive. If not mistaken, it has 56 tubes!
    Must check out at the local AD.

[quote=srh_pres;519079]Here's a pic of the Ball display at the recent Hong Kong watch fair. Shows the EMII Diver Chronometer, but also shows what looks like the black dial EH GMT II, but with the same wider hour markers as the diver cosc and a different handset (or are my eyes deceiving me)...

The Engineer Hydrocarbon GMT II is the double-sized hour marker version of the GMT model. (The same is true of the EH Classic II.) This is a very fine photo of the watch 'in the wild.' 40mm on the Hydrocarbon, 44mm for the Diver Chronometer.

...needs to update his signature line.
    July 08 Newsletter: New World Record for Guillaume Néry, Diver GMT, Aviator
    Baselworld 2008 Newsletter: Guillaume Néry, Trieste Chronograph, Moonlight Special
    Click to view the BALL Engineer Master II Diver TMT.

Box got one in on Friday (my AD here in Houston). Either I have to make more money or stop going by there so much. He also told me the reason he does not unwrap them from the plastic is so they are not scratched up by people like me who have to try it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pathfinder View Post
    He also told me the reason he does not unwrap them from the plastic is so they are not scratched up by people like me who have to try it on.
    sure ...makes sense for AD at the store (in fact - us buyers do appreciate that)....but not
    showing new models at a "Watch Fair"

[quote=ballwatch;520153]
    Quote Originally Posted by srh_pres View Post
    Here's a pic of the Ball display at the recent Hong Kong watch fair. Shows the EMII Diver Chronometer, but also shows what looks like the black dial EH GMT II, but with the same wider hour markers as the diver cosc and a different handset (or are my eyes deceiving me)...

The Engineer Hydrocarbon GMT II is the double-sized hour marker version of the GMT model. (The same is true of the EH Classic II.) This is a very fine photo of the watch 'in the wild.' 40mm on the Hydrocarbon, 44mm for the Diver Chronometer.
    Ahhh gotcha... thanks for the clarification...

Thread Information