Ball Engineer III Pioneer
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Time4Good

Thread: Ball Engineer III Pioneer

Ball Engineer III Pioneer

Hi all! I'm new to the forum, and I just picked up my first Ball watch. It's the Engineer III Pioneer model, with the black face. Very little info out there about this and I couldn't find a single user review or pictures so I wanted to share. Here are my first impressions:

-Case finishing is very nice. Bracelet finishing is just okay, it's disappointing that the finishing isn't a perfect match to the case polish
    -The bracelet is comically small! I have a large wrist but not so large that I've ever not had to remove links from a new watch, let alone it be too small. Very disappointing they cheated out on links. Not being able to wear it puts a real damper on the unboxing experience.
    - I think the cyclops is cool. Yes I know it's polarizing.
    -40MM case is about as small as I like to wear anymore. I wish it were more like 42mm, but then again it wouldn't be quite as elegant. The dial to case proportions are good here, and that matters more to me than pure dimensions.
    -Chronometer certificate is a nice plus to me. I know it doesn't matter to some anymore though.
    -The 904L SS is pretty neat in m

All in all, I like it a lot. I'm mostly impressed with it, except for the bracelet. . Wish I could wear it comfortably! Trying to get a link or two, but don't expect to hear back until after the holidays.
    Attached Images Attached Images

lvt likes this.

Re: Ball Engineer III Pioneer

Good looking watch.

Enjoy it.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

I just ordered one of these... love the look, just wish it had a slightly domed crystal. How’s your experience been with the flat crystal so far?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hello and welcome. Can't go wrong with a preowned Ball, unless you dont get enough links!
    I had no idea Ball was using 904l steel in some of their watches.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Did you get it new, or used? Reason I ask is all Ball bracelets are usually sized to fit an 8 inch wrist/circumference...in the meantime, why not wear it like many (most?) folks do, below, not above, the wrist bone? Hope you can get it to a point that you can wear it comfortably--enjoy the watch, welcome to the forum and best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Questman View Post
    I just ordered one of these... love the look, just wish it had a slightly domed crystal. How’s your experience been with the flat crystal so far?
    I haven't worn it much at all yet, so hard to say. But the the watch I wear the most has a flat crystal, and I don't have any issue. While I do like a dome look better, flat seems a little less vulnerable in a everyday watch that might get knocked around. Plus I imagine he cyclops would be tremendously more difficult to install on a curved crystal. I'm not sure that I've ever seen/noticed one before

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    Did you get it new, or used? Reason I ask is all Ball bracelets are usually sized to fit an 8 inch wrist/circumference...in the meantime, why not wear it like many (most?) folks do, below, not above, the wrist bone? Hope you can get it to a point that you can wear it comfortably--enjoy the watch, welcome to the forum and best wishes.
    My forearms are muscular so going up towards the elbow is a losing proposition for me. It's most comfortable for me to wear a watch either on the bone or just a hair closer to my hand. If it's a strap in like it snug but not tight; a bracelet I like slightly loose but not such that it rotates around. 42-43mm is about as big as I usually seek out to keep the crown from digging in, but it depends on the case.

I wouldn't say that picture is necessarily representative of how if typically wear my watches; like I said it's too small. Here it's too far toward my hand, putting the crown into the back of my hand when it's bent back like I'm doing there.

Forgot to add:

I did purchase this new from an Authorized Dealer. They're ordering me a link, and I've talked with Ball directly. So they're definitely taking care of me, I just have to be patient 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Good View Post
    Forgot to add:

I did purchase this new from an Authorized Dealer. They're ordering me a link, and I've talked with Ball directly. So they're definitely taking care of me, I just have to be patient
    Sounds great--hope it works out well, and enjoy the holidays!

Thread Information