Ball Engineer M Marvelight
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Ball Engineer M Marvelight

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I'm very atracted by this watch and it is a possible buy.
    But, as I haven't seen one in real life (impossible to get my hands on one were I live), I will like to have some advices from the owners of this model.

The code is NM2128C-SC1-B and I attach a picture below (from internet)
    Do you know what are the negatives of this watch ? As it is COSC certified, the real life accuracy is there ?
    Thanks for all your thoughts in here that can help me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Ball Engineer M Marvelight

I don't own one, so I can't speak to the COSC accuracy, but if it's marketed as COSC certified, I would think it would meet the spec.

I have seen one in person and tried it on. It's a great watch and a blue dial version had been on my list to acquire for a while (I've been looking for a previous generation Marvelight without the in-house movement).

I will say that when I tried it on, I found that it wasn't sufficiently different from my Engineer III Endurance to pull the trigger when I saw it, other than the difference in the dial color. I'm still debating whether to add one, and might still if I find a previous generation pre-owned.

It'll wear well at 40mm. There's definitely some heft to Ball watches as they are solidly built. And that tritium glow...

I would grab one in a second of I was in that market. I just bought the moon phase Engineer II on stainless bracelet. I also have a beloved Fireman Glory.

I’ve owned and worked on watches of all levels. Ball will not disappoint.

I probably would have grabbed a Marvelight had I not been seeking a Ball Moon Phase.

All their movements work very well. Do your research. The BALL standardization on the RR watches lead to the COSC and other timing and sturdiness standards.

I was set on the train master, but this Engineer II is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kivis likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

They are great watches.

Excellent build quality and very good accuracy, like all Ball watches.
    Kivis likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

The previous generation blue Marvelight was my first Ball and still remains my favourite. Timekeeping has always been very good and it's just a joy to wear. Sadly, it will be moving on to a new home next year because my hands can't cope with screw-down crowns any longer, but I know I'll miss it when it's gone. Even seeing it in the watchbox can bring a smile to my face.

I have several Ball watches and I lover them all. If you like the style of the watch you won't be disappointed. It is a beautiful watch. I've come to view the COSC rating a nice thing to have, but it may very well be some of your other watches keep better time when worn during your daily routine.

I'm waiting for delivery of one likely due this week or Monday. Mine has a cyclops to magnify the date which your picture doesn't show; I believe that is the case for the 43mm version. The movement is an ETA 2824-2 which is a rock solid movement and used by many manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by hogwldfltr View Post
    I'm waiting for delivery of one likely due this week or Monday. Mine has a cyclops to magnify the date which your picture doesn't show; I believe that is the case for the 43mm version. The movement is an ETA 2824-2 which is a rock solid movement and used by many manufacturers.
    That would mean that it is not the Engineer M Marvelight. The M denotes the manufacture movement.

There are, of course, previous variations of the Marvelight which use the ETA movement, just not the model to which the OP was referring and to which he was inquiring.
    trappster likes this.
    It wasn't this time until now. - Me.

I have had my M Marvelight for 3 weeks now and I could not be more pleased. This my first Ball watch. (Where have I been?)

One question? What does the model term Marvelight signify?

kivis
    Watch guy

Quote Originally Posted by Kivis View Post
    I have had my M Marvelight for 3 weeks now and I could not be more pleased. This my first Ball watch. (Where have I been?)

One question? What does the model term Marvelight signify?

Marvelight refers to the large tritium indices on the face providing a large amount of light.
    Kivis likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information