Ball Engineer Master II Diver Worldtime

Thread: Ball Engineer Master II Diver Worldtime

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Ball Engineer Master II Diver Worldtime

Hi guys,
    I recently purchased a ball engineer master ii diver worldtime and upon reaching home and I try to wind it (fyi, the clock wasn't ticking) for about 20 times and I screw the crown down. AFter that it doesn't seem to be ticking at all? I've tried several windings and it is still the same! help anyone?

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Re: Ball Engineer Master II Diver Worldtime

Just to be sure you wound the bottom crown right? If so I think you know the answer. It needs to go back.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Yes I did wound the bottom crown after I've unscrewed the crown. It has the 'winding' sound and feeling but it just doesn't tick. I thought I was missing out something! Seems like it needs to go back :/

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by samanator View Post
    Just to be sure you wound the bottom crown right? If so I think you know the answer. It needs to go back.
    On a side note, do you have any idea how much does the stainless steel link band cost? [mine is currently rubber strap]

If the watch was purchased new, it may be a bit stiff as the lubricants have not been circulated in a movement that has mostly been idle since 2011 or 2012.

Make sure you are not winding it "gently" or slowly as you may actually be engaging the rotor to spin (i.e. the 'winding sound'), instead of storing the energy in the mainspring. I noticed this in my EHC Black at first and could not wind it slowly in a flat position in relation to gravity, but tilted upright in the vertical plane, and wound quickly.....about thirty turns or so....it has been worn and wound some now and I no longer notice this.

I also noticed my EMII Diver world time does not really have too much of a "winding sound" like some other calibers - (the Trainmaster Pulsemeter Pro sounds like winding micro-clicks as it is wound - like a manual wind feel).

OH and, SHAKE the watch a couple of times after you wind it to initiate the works.

If none of this applies....well...send that thing back to Ball.

Hope it goes well,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by TAYHAS View Post
    If the watch was purchased new, it may be a bit stiff as the lubricants have not been circulated in a movement that has mostly been idle since 2011 or 2012.

Make sure you are not winding it "gently" or slowly as you may actually be engaging the rotor to spin (i.e. the 'winding sound'), instead of storing the energy in the mainspring. I noticed this in my EHC Black at first and could not wind it slowly in a flat position in relation to gravity, but tilted upright in the vertical plane, and wound quickly.....about thirty turns or so....it has been worn and wound some now and I no longer notice this.

I also noticed my EMII Diver world time does not really have too much of a "winding sound" like some other calibers - (the Trainmaster Pulsemeter Pro sounds like winding micro-clicks as it is wound - like a manual wind feel).

OH and, SHAKE the watch a couple of times after you wind it to initiate the works.

If none of this applies....well...send that thing back to Ball.

Hope it goes well,

Bill
    Hi Tayhas,

thanks for the useful info! I'll try it once I get hold of my watch at home. Will let you know if my Balls need to send back to the factory for repair

So I've tried winding it in upright position quickly and shaked it couple of times (in fact i've tried shaking softly and violently). To no avail it still does not tick! I guess this is definitely going back to Ball. A little disappointed if you ask me.

Back to the AD. This isn't normal even for a watch that's been sitting in a display or safe for a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Benley Au View Post
    So I've tried winding it in upright position quickly and shaked it couple of times (in fact i've tried shaking softly and violently). To no avail it still does not tick! I guess this is definitely going back to Ball. A little disappointed if you ask me.

Bummer. Just remember that it happens to the best of 'em. My World Timer spent about an hour on my wrist before it spent two months at Ball getting the movement replaced (WT disc wasn't working right). It's an amazing watch though, and mine was worth the mild heartache while it was gone.

Not sure if this is a common issue but its a shame to see that watches at this premium is "dead on arrival"..
    Anyway I've already send it back to the AD.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information