Ball events

Thread: Ball events

Ball events

I received a post card invitation from the local AD for a Ball reception and museum visit. Has someone been to one of these? What can I expect? Who from Ball attends these events?

I'm not much on hobnobbing with 'society'-types or those who droll on watches. I like a fine, quality product as much as the next guy but this sounds a little too much for me.

The last time I went to such an event, I drove my Series III to a Land Rover dealer for a reception. You would have thought I had the plaque. 90% of the people there had no idea of LR's rich history - it's been replaced by a bunch of clueless yuppies who are seeking status symbols only. By that point in time, my newer LR had been driven to Belize/Guatemala, to CO (over 14,000 ft), cross-country at least twice and across the Mojave Desert at least three times.

Convince me to go - I'll keep an open mind!
    Cheers,
    Gerry

Ball Hydrocarbon GMT I, Baume & Mercier Worldtimer, Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, IWC Aquatimer Chrono Blue & Orange,Omega SMP, Rolex Gmt-Master II BNLR, Tag Heuer Monaco Gulf Special, Zenith El Primero Stratos Flyback Striking 10th

Re: Ball events

I haven't been to one, but am looking forward to the tour coming here in November.

One thing's for sure . . . I'm not going to wear my Omega!

Rob

My local Ball AD hosted the museum tour one day, early this summer...but I couldn't attend, because we were away on vacation that week.

The Tour will be in San Francisco for three days in three different stores, mid October. San Fran's about an hour's drive(in good traffic), so I might try to attend the one held on the weekend...
    Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Seiko Blue "Sumo" SBDC003
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1
    Casio G-Shock GW-2500B-1A G-Aviator
    Ball Engineer Master II Classic
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti "Mad Cow"
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m LE "America's Cup"
    Seiko Black Monster w/Yobokies Anvil bracelet
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual SS(wedding gift)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

We unexpectedly attended one (just walked in off the street to check out the local AD). It wasn't a big production--just a table set up with some of Mr. Ball's memorabilia (books, notes, some pictures), and the Ball rep. mingling/showing customers some watches. They had a few new models on display. Of course, the event may vary from dealer to dealer, but our local Ball dealer down here in Seattle (World Lux) didn't have any cocktail shrimp or champagne . I saw a stack of Ball T-shirts, but they weren't passing those out either (maybe if you bought a watch that day?)...

Did the Ball t-shirt look any good doctor?

All in good fun - I'll probably attend just for the heck of it. I enjoy a slice of history and will likely enjoy it - inspite of myself.
    Cheers,
    Gerry

Ball Hydrocarbon GMT I, Baume & Mercier Worldtimer, Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, IWC Aquatimer Chrono Blue & Orange,Omega SMP, Rolex Gmt-Master II BNLR, Tag Heuer Monaco Gulf Special, Zenith El Primero Stratos Flyback Striking 10th

Quote Originally Posted by doctor subie View Post
    I saw a stack of Ball T-shirts, but they weren't passing those out either (maybe if you bought a watch that day?)...
    Or perhaps they were available for sale, and they were just waiting for someone to ask...? I certainly wouldn't mind buying one, if they look good, and if they're reasonably priced....
    Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1

The t-shirts are free, with purchase of a watch.. Of course if you have bought a few from that dealer before, I am sure you could pry one from the Ball Watch Rep's hands.

I went to one in Cape May, and yes, the Ball Watch National Sales Manager is there, with part of Webb C. Ball's personal estate, which includes several original pocket watches from the 1800 and 1900's along with several early wristwatches. More importantly, you can hear the history of the brand from it's early years all the way to the modern collection.

It is not an over the top production, but the Cape May event had a nice selection of cheese, crackers and beer/wine.

Quote Originally Posted by obie View Post
    The t-shirts are free, with purchase of a watch.. Of course if you have bought a few from that dealer before, I am sure you could pry one from the Ball Watch Rep's hands.
    Hi Warren,

It sounds like it may not have been a King Tut-like mega event, but still a nice event worth attending...especially for those of us who have a particular appreciation for Ball watches and its railroad history.

How did the t-shirts look? And did you get one with purchase...or with some prying with a smile?
    Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1

When I picked up my Trainmaster Heritage, I was able to get a shirt. Ball made them look like rock shirts, with Webb Ball on the front, and I believe a train on it as well (will check when I get home tomorrow). On the back listed all the dates and locations of the Ball Watch Museum Tour 2007...Even snagged one for my wife... Again it may have been from the nice watch I walked home with...

Thread Information