Ball Exhibition in Hong Kong - last 2 days!

Thread: Ball Exhibition in Hong Kong - last 2 days!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ball Exhibition in Hong Kong: Oct. 1 - 3

Dear all,

Hope to meet some of our Hong Kong members!

Regards,
    Jeremy

HTML Code:
    http://www.ballwatch.com/ecard/HKex07/HK_exhibition_07.html
    Last edited by ballwatch; October 9th, 2007 at 08:35.

...needs to update his signature line.
    July 08 Newsletter: New World Record for Guillaume Néry, Diver GMT, Aviator
    Baselworld 2008 Newsletter: Guillaume Néry, Trieste Chronograph, Moonlight Special
    Click to view the BALL Engineer Master II Diver TMT.

Re: Ball Exhibition in Hong Kong - last 2 days!

I just went to the Hong Kong exhibition tonight. I was looking forward to see the night train in person. It surely didn't disappoint. it looks even better then that in the pictures. I really like the one with leather strap. But unfortunately when I try it on it's a tad too big for my 6.25" wrist. I even tried it on several times to convince myself that it is not too big. I really want the watch! I eventually gave up and decided that it just didn't look right on my wrist.

However, I didn't come back empty handed. I ordered a Engineer Master II classic on bracelet. I have been searching for this for a long time but none of my local AD carries it. Now, the Ball people are going to deliver one from their warehouse tomorrow. I'm looking forward to get my first ball.

BTW, I finally met Jeremy in person. I was kind of expecting him to look a bit like Webb C. Ball, with beard. But of course I was wrong. :)

Great report chuen! My buddy here is really loving the Engineer Master II classsic as well! I'm trying to convince him to go with me to the US to pick one up next month (during the Ball Museum tour). He's torn between that and getting a Dievas with $$$ to spare to play Poker. lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ball has a warehouse of watches in HK? Interesting. Maybe since some of their coporate owners/investors are, I believe, located in HK and sales are brisk, there's good reason to stock them in a central Asian location for quick distribution to that part of the world?? Is there such a "warehouse" in the US (Fla.) I wonder?? (and if so, what good stuff is in there?)
    Chris

"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." -Oscar Wilde
    ==========================
    Collector of Ball, Stowa and Glycine timepieces

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyBrand View Post
    Great report chuen! My buddy here is really loving the Engineer Master II classsic as well! I'm trying to convince him to go with me to the US to pick one up next month (during the Ball Museum tour). He's torn between that and getting a Dievas with $$$ to spare to play Poker. lol
    I think this is one of the best in Ball's lineup. It can easily pass off as a dress watch while not being too classy with the orange second hand. So I can wear it everywhere. In comparison, the night train is obviously style like a military watch while the hydrocarbon series screams "I'm a tough sport watch". The best part of this watch is that the lume is plain amazing at the 3,6,9,12 positions because of the long double tube. I actually compare the lume of several model by putting them in a Nikon Lens bag. (I must have looked very silly doing this in the exhibition. I think Jeremy must remember me.) The Engineer Master II classic wins hands down in the lume department.

So long as they were coming back out of the bag, I am certain Jeremy did not mind... lol...

Thanks for the report Chuen!
    Marc Levesque
    @MarcTime2watch
    MyTime2watch.blogspot.com

Hopefully they do another exhibition next year so i can come and visit.

Quote Originally Posted by CalDiver View Post
    Ball has a warehouse of watches in HK?
    Hong Kong is our Asia Pacific hub. All watches for Asia are sent directly to HK from Switzerland, then along to their respective markets.

Ball Watch USA has the same setup down in Florida. It can be fun to look through some of the boxes and find say, a Trainmaster Voyager GMT Power Reserve, which has been sold out from the factory for over 2 years.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Baselworld 2008 Newsletter: Guillaume Néry, Trieste Chronograph, Moonlight Special

Quote Originally Posted by chuen View Post
    I think this is one of the best in Ball's lineup. It can easily pass off as a dress watch while not being too classy with the orange second hand. So I can wear it everywhere. In comparison, the night train is obviously style like a military watch while the hydrocarbon series screams "I'm a tough sport watch". The best part of this watch is that the lume is plain amazing at the 3,6,9,12 positions because of the long double tube. I actually compare the lume of several model by putting them in a Nikon Lens bag. (I must have looked very silly doing this in the exhibition. I think Jeremy must remember me.) The Engineer Master II classic wins hands down in the lume department.
    Ah, don't worry about it...we're used to people wanting to see the gas tubes!

The EM Classic is a great choice. I wear its brother, the Moon Glow. I started out with the same steel bracelet, but opted to go for the crocodile leather strap for everyday wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Time2watch View Post
    So long as they were coming back out of the bag, I am certain Jeremy did not mind... lol...

Thanks for the report Chuen!
    I made sure to let him keep one or two. He had this great trick where a watch would go in the bag, then he'd pull out a white rabbit!

Some photos from Monday.

The entrance to the exhibition demonstrates the features of Ball Watches. You can't quite see in this photo, but the windows there show the movements, shock resistance, water resistance, night effect, antimagnetism and TMT.

Each collection has its own standalone panel - here we have the Engineer and Engineer Hydrocarbon.

The central pillar has quite a bit of railroad history & vintage watches. A Ball train runs around the track by the stone wall.

On the reverse side of each panel, there is some detail about the Explorers of Ball Watch Company. They all contributed photos of their exploits, and Guillaume even lent us the noseplug & depth tag from his world record dive!

Hope you enjoyed this small review.

Regards,
    Jeremy Hogan
    Ball Watch Company
    Last edited by ballwatch; October 3rd, 2007 at 06:17.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information