Ball Factory Leather bands.

Thread: Ball Factory Leather bands.

Ball Factory Leather bands.

Hello all. I am new to the forum, but not to watches or Ball. I recently bought a brand new TrainMaster CannonBall, that shipped with a brown crocodile strap and deployment clasp. My bad, as it turns out it was the correct color strap for the model number However in my exuberance to purchase, item was pictured with a black crocodile strap, as dealer had misloaded photos to Amazon. Dealer is willing to except a return, but I love the watch, and won’t find another deal like this.

So my question is this, does anyone have a good source for a factory 21 mm black crocodile strap? I did contact Ball in Switzerland, and got conflicting answers. One said they would sell the black crocodile 21 mm strap for Fr.240. The other reply said it was $240. I was hoping to do a little better than this, but I do prefer a factory strap.

Thanks for any and all help or ideas

Re: Ball Factory Leather bands.

The Ball straps from ADs are pretty much the same price everywhere--but, a word of warning--if purchased from an international source, they may not pass through customs because of various country's different ways of observing the animal species protection act--even if they have been legitimately procured, many don't include the necessary paperwork. I have had two different Ball-made straps halted at British customs (on their way to Japan)--I didn't get the straps, but I did get my money back. In some cases, the seller isn't so lucky, since customs may either "destroy" them, or return them, as they wish. I even had a cheap leather "Bob" strap--that was merely patterned like a croc--stopped en route. My advice, buy from a reputable aftermarket maker and/or seller, you will get a better strap for less money. Ball croc/gator straps are good, but not $250+ good. If you're in the US, then buy from our forum sponsor, Rob Caplan of Topper Jewelers, he will get you the best deal an AD can give you.

Re: Ball Factory Leather bands.

If you want an OEM strap, the working with the AD is pretty much the only way to go.

However, if you are looking for 21mm straps, non-OEM, then your selection increases greatly.

This is a good resource for ideas and possible sources-

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f222/l...rs-104583.html
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks all for the replies and resource listing. I appreciate the pointers and aftermarket options.

Bob.

Thread Information