Ball just doesn't want my money - okay, now they do

Thread: Ball just doesn't want my money - okay, now they do

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ball just doesn't want my money - okay, now they do

UPDATE 10/19/18:
    Thanks for the replies. Tried again 24 hours later and looks like payment went through. Very strange experience, but looks like it was definitely on my cc processor's end.

--------------------------------------------------------------

So I decided to pull the trigger and order the new Roadmaster. Dropped it in the shopping cart, checked out, entered my credit card information, process and...it redirects me back to the checkout page. Huh?

I check my credit card account and I see no charges, so I'm thinking I did something wrong. Tried again and same results.

Is this Ball's MO? Is their web site really that screwed up? If yes, perhaps it's best I did not order the watch.
    Last edited by larkja; October 19th, 2018 at 12:13.
    "The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." Vince Lombardi.

Current watches:
    Omega Speedmaster Reduced 3510.50
    Breitling Aerospace 40mm - e73562
    Archimedes 39mm Destro
    G-Shock

Re: Ball just doesn't want my money

Maybe the browser you are using? I use Brave when I can, but a lot of sites don't seem to like it.

It's probably because of the charge going through Switzerland. My first Ball went through fine back in July but I had to call my CC company this time to ensure them it was legit after the Ball site hung up. Not a big deal - only took a minute.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jrgoffin View Post
    It's probably because of the charge going through Switzerland. My first Ball went through fine back in July but I had to call my CC company this time to ensure them it was legit after the Ball site hung up. Not a big deal - only took a minute.
    Just found out my cc company blocked the transaction as suspicious. Never had that happen before.
    "The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor." Vince Lombardi.

Current watches:
    Archimedes 39mm Destro
    G-Shock

Quote Originally Posted by larkja View Post
    Just found out my cc company blocked the transaction as suspicious. Never had that happen before.
    It happens. Ive had a couple watch purchases flagged like that.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

It definitely happens. I put in a bid on the Ball My Offer web page when they had some up for auction and my credit card company denied the payment and alerted me that my credit card might be stolen, but really it was me trying to put in the bid. I took it as a sign that I shouldn't spend the money. Still patiently waiting for when I buy my first Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by WSN7 View Post
    It definitely happens. I put in a bid on the Ball My Offer web page when they had some up for auction and my credit card company denied the payment and alerted me that my credit card might be stolen, but really it was me trying to put in the bid. I took it as a sign that I shouldn't spend the money. Still patiently waiting for when I buy my first Ball.
    Exactly what I'm doing too. My cc card company called be about four hours ago asking if I was trying to purchase from Ball Watch. I said yes, and they released the payment. But the charge has yet to show up, nor is there anything under my account on Ball's web site indicating I made a purchase.

Current watches:
    Archimedes 39mm Destro
    G-Shock

Quote Originally Posted by larkja View Post
    Exactly what I'm doing too. My cc card company called be about four hours ago asking if I was trying to purchase from Ball Watch. I said yes, and they released the payment. But the charge has yet to show up, nor is there anything under my account on Ball's web site indicating I made a purchase.
    Hi larkja, just a suggestion for you.... either call or email Ball Watch to see if they had received your order. That is if you are serious about putting in the order for the watch. I had the same issue with my credit card company last year with a pre-order. Note that during the first time you placed the order, the card was declined so Ball wouldn't have processed your payment (or rather it was declined). Clearing up the misunderstanding with the card company (they are only protecting you) only means they won't block the transaction again but don't forget that the order didn't go through the first time. So perhaps it is a good idea to just email them and find out what the situation is. Hope it works out for you

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert_is_fat View Post
    Hi larkja, just a suggestion for you.... either call or email Ball Watch to see if they had received your order. That is if you are serious about putting in the order for the watch. I had the same issue with my credit card company last year with a pre-order. Note that during the first time you placed the order, the card was declined so Ball wouldn't have processed your payment (or rather it was declined). Clearing up the misunderstanding with the card company (they are only protecting you) only means they won't block the transaction again but don't forget that the order didn't go through the first time. So perhaps it is a good idea to just email them and find out what the situation is. Hope it works out for you
    I actually did this with two cards. Both purchases were approved and I tried the transaction again - same result. I have checked my online account and neither shows a payment to Ball.

I really do like this watch, but at this point, I'm done. I can order products from Amazon and Fleabay that come from overseas with zero problems. Why would an order from Ball get flagged? And it sounds like I'm not the only one - clearly a known issue. If a company can't (or won't) fix a simple ordering issue, what does that tell you about the company as a whole?

I think I'll wait on this one and pick one up on the secondary market - as long as it doesn't turn out to be a turd.

Current watches:
    Archimedes 39mm Destro
    G-Shock

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert_is_fat View Post
    I actually did this with two cards one Visa, one MasterCard. Both purchases were flagged, and then approved after I spoke with a rep. and I tried the transaction again - same result. I have checked my online accounts for both and neither shows a payment to Ball.

I really do like this watch, but at this point, I'm done. I can order products from Amazon and Fleabay that come from overseas with zero problems. Why would an order from Ball get flagged? And it sounds like I'm not the only one - clearly a known issue. If a company can't (or won't) fix a simple ordering issue, what does that tell you about the company as a whole?

I think I'll wait on this one and pick one up on the secondary market - as long as it doesn't turn out to be a turd.

Current watches:
    Archimedes 39mm Destro
    G-Shock

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information