Ball Magneto S -- Reviews -- First Impressions?

Thread: Ball Magneto S -- Reviews -- First Impressions?

Ball Magneto S -- Reviews -- First Impressions?

Anybody have anything to post? What movement are they using? Assuming it is a 2824 or 2892. Assume it is highest grade. Isn't it COSC? Thanks.

Re: Ball Magneto S -- Reviews -- First Impressions?

Believe an 1103 is a 2824-2 COSC certified. Have three Ball watches but not the Magneto S.

A Blog to Watch just reviewed it. Somewhat luke-warm review. Felt that the magnetic/iris complication forced a dial design that has a huge chapter ring and makes the watch look to small and thick for its 42 mm size.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dberg View Post
    A Blog to Watch just reviewed it. Somewhat luke-warm review. Felt that the magnetic/iris complication forced a dial design that has a huge chapter ring and makes the watch look to small and thick for its 42 mm size.
    Wanted to get it, handled one at local AD, having second thoughts due to the very military look and the gigantic chapter ring. The watch looked like 40mm due to that ring. Overall is very utilitarian and if matched with a green Hirsch Kansas strap would look very awesome in a shooting range, hunting, or field situations. May still get it this weekend depending on the discount.

I purchased this watch from my AD, and I think it's great! Something different and the iris complication might be a little gimmicky, but in no means takes away from the watch. It's a COSC cert watch, with a screw-down crown, and stands out on its own, what's not to like? It feels solid on the wrist and wears very comfortable. I personally do not think it wears small at all. The thick chapter ring is reminiscent of the Fifty-Fathoms, but I like it. The touch of green on the second hand and circling the chapter ring is a nice touch. It's great pick up!

Thread Information