Ball newbie question pertaining to warrenty card.

Thread: Ball newbie question pertaining to warrenty card.

Ball newbie question pertaining to warrenty card.

Good AM to all, newbie to the forum and receint buyer of my first Ball. It's a Hydrocarbon Spacemaster circa 2010, and is due into me within the next few days. Acording to the original buyer I purchased it from, he never completed or sent in he warrenty card. I was wondering, since I intend on keeping it, should I complete the card and send it in or not bother since it's almost 5 yrs. old aready? Will Ball honor it as a "new purchase" since the card will have just been received by them, or will the company realize the circumstances? Just wondering for warranty/repair purposes. Watches origin was from Malaysia if that matters. Thanks all.
    Last edited by apf65; July 17th, 2014 at 16:34.

Re: Ball newbie question pertaining to warrenty card.

Pretty sure the AD fills out the card on the initial purchase. If it wasn't filled then it might have been purchased through a grey market source and therefore the Ball warranty wasn't valid. Don't want to give any false info but pretty sure the Ball warranty is either void or expired.

Thanks for the quick reply mOc021. I would have to imagine it was a grey market purchase as the original owner paid something like 2400.00 from a place called Watches2000 or something along those lines. So don't bother completing and sending in the card then?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

The warranty card needs to be stamped and dated by the AD originally. The owner can then register online for the third year (at least in the US). Generally a copy of the card must go along for warranty repairs. In the US there are no transfers of warranty for preowned, but some countries it is allowed.
    If the warranty card is blank then it is grey market and never had a Ball warranty. Basically given what you said assume you have no warranty.
    Last edited by samanator; July 17th, 2014 at 21:32.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

I have filled out the Warranty Registration on the Ball website, even when I have bought pre-owned. I know this does not give me any warranty, but at lest the serial number is in Ball's database under my name in case it ever gets stolen. Not sure I should do this, but I have been doing it.

Thanks to all. It's the ugly side of the gray market purchase. Psyched just the same though.

Quote Originally Posted by apf65 View Post
    Thanks to all. It's the ugly side of the gray market purchase. Psyched just the same though.
    Look on the bright side. You are only losing out on the manufacturer's warranty by going grey market, which would still be expired if it was purchased through an AD. The only other worry about grey market is if it a fake or not but I'm going to assume this isn't one.

Quote Originally Posted by m0c021 View Post
    Look on the bright side. You are only losing out on the manufacturer's warranty by going grey market, which would still be expired if it was purchased through an AD. The only other worry about grey market is if it a fake or not but I'm going to assume this isn't one.
    +1 to all of that. My "watch guy" will check it out upon its arrival. I'm pretty certain i'm gtg though.

Quote Originally Posted by m0c021 View Post
    Ditto what he said.
    Follow me on Instagram: ten13th
    My watch collection: A mixture of metal, plastic, leather, glass, a few drops of lubricant and a few batteries.

Thanks guys, watch arrived, excellent condition, psyched!
    Last edited by apf65; July 19th, 2014 at 13:56.

Thread Information