Ball Orbital II Amortiser question

Thread: Ball Orbital II Amortiser question

Ball Orbital II Amortiser question

There is an "on" and an "off" position on the back of the Orbital II. You move the red arrow on the propeller to line up with the "on" or the "off" position.

Does anyone know if the "on" position locks the rotor in place, or if the "off" position locks the rotor in place?

The question is when is the rotor "on" and when is the rotor locked down, and therefore "off"?

I am a bit confused, and I'm not sure that the Orbital II works the same way as the Orbital I did, but I just don't know.

By the way, the watch is very comfortable for its size.

Thanks.

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Re: Ball Orbital II Amortiser question

Since this is new and a changed version I don't think anyone here would know. If the watch is powered out then it should be easy to test. Put it in one position and gently rock the watch. If it starts running then the rotor is engaged. Let it power out again and switch it and see if rocking charges the watch. It should not wind. Note even when it is actually off rocking it may release some previously stored energy, but it will run out quickly.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Quote Originally Posted by samanator View Post
    Since this is new and a changed version I don't think anyone here would know. If the watch is powered out then it should be easy to test. Put it in one position and gently rock the watch. If it starts running then the rotor is engaged. Let it power out again and switch it and see if rocking charges the watch. It should not wind. Note even when it is actually off rocking it may release some previously stored energy, but it will run out quickly.
    Yes, that's what I'm doing currently, but thought perhaps someone might know. Thank you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There was a problem with mine. Fixed now. On disables the rotor. Off allows the rotor to wind the watch.

Thread Information