Ball Roadmaster Challenger 18 - Page 3
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Ball Roadmaster Challenger 18

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Ball Roadmaster Challenger 18

Quote Originally Posted by larkja View Post
    This whole pre-order process seems a bit of a Ponzi scheme to me. Let's say they sell 1,000 watches at 2,000 a pop. So they gross $2,000,000. That's not $2m in profit; that just in revenue. With all the watchmakers, execs, and product, let's say that $2m allows them to operate for a couple months (no, I have no idea what their annual expenses are). If the lead time is 6 months, that $2m isn't even paying for the amount of time to build and ship the watches. So, they need to come up with another pre-order to fund the next couple of months.

Since they have cut out the ADs, they don't really have a consistent source of income. So, they have to keep coming up with new pre-orders in order to fund past pre-orders. At some point, it will come crashing down. Now, factor in delays, etc, and I don't see how they can sustain this.

JMHO
    Ball running a Ponzi scheme is as good as swatch group is forfieiting all their warranty claim if it happen. Stop being a hater.
    " A great time piece on your wrist show you are serious of time "

I just got the email below from Ball. You can see my question and her response. Based on her response, if the order is delayed 60 days after their original shipment date then you can cancel the order. That could still happen if they continue having delays..

Florine (BALL Watch Company SA)
    Jun 12, 08:43 CEST
    Hello Mitch,

That's correct.
    As per our terms and conditions, that you've accepted at the time of purchase, you can withdraw the sales contract when we have a delay of more then 60 days after the initial delivery period. In that case, we'll give you a full refund.

I understand that you have been waiting for a long time and am very sorry for this additional wait.
    Please be ensured that we're doing everything in our power to ship your watch as soon as possible.
    Kind Regards,
    Florine

Mitch Wayman
    Jun 11, 18:14 CEST

So, I can’t cancel this order?

Mitch

I get the anxiety, but if they said April/May and it comes in June then that seems reasonable.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Which model did you get? I missed out and hoping to get one off the secondary market.

Quote Originally Posted by gs300999s View Post
    Which model did you get? I missed out and hoping to get one off the secondary market.
    I ordered the Roadmaster Challenger 40MM with the blue dial.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information