Ball Roadmaster Challenger 18
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Ball Roadmaster Challenger 18

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ball Roadmaster Challenger 18

Has anyone received their watch yet? I ordered back in October and now I'm getting told that production has been delayed. I'm not very impressed by Ball - this is very poor customer service.

Re: Ball Roadmaster Challenger 18

Hi! You would have received a production update wouldn’t you? I did go through a period of anxiety when I did a Ball Watch pre-order and realised that patience is key to any pre-order. You will soon forget your unhappiness once you get your watch.
    Triton9 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marklv View Post
    Has anyone received their watch yet? I ordered back in October and now I'm getting told that production has been delayed. I'm not very impressed by Ball - this is very poor customer service.
    Generally, people who value "customer service" purchase their watches from an AD, while those who prefer low prices buy online through pre-order, gray market, and so forth--there is a natural and expected trade off therein. Most folks understand that even the best laid plans can go awry, and wouldn't expect anything else--as Dogbert suggests, patience is the better part of valor when dealing with pre-orders--from ANY company. Best of luck.
    Triton9 likes this.
    Here today, here tomorrow...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert_is_fat View Post
    Hi! You would have received a production update wouldn’t you? I did go through a period of anxiety when I did a Ball Watch pre-order and realised that patience is key to any pre-order. You will soon forget your unhappiness once you get your watch.
    Ball did not send out a production update (yet). They've been on holiday so it might be coming in a few days. The update would have come directly from CS. This is what I was told when I asked:

Your timepiece is still in production. Our watchmakers had to face a delay due to a delated delivery for a missing piece by one of our suppliers.
    They now estimate that your timepiece will be shipped in the second half of June.

Please be ensured that we'll inform you as soon as your timepieces has been shipped.

We're deeply sorry for the extra waiting time and we stay at your disposal.
    I'm sure I'll momentarily forget this unhappiness when I receive the watch, but I'll still remember the how this pre-order went and it'll affect any future purchases. It's not like this is the first pre-order they've delivered late.

Your patience will be rewarded.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

I sure hope that patience will bring its reward. I received the same update about a 'missing' component - I assume they mean the COSC movement from ETA?

The following is the message I got from Ball.

"Thank you for your message.

Your order is still in production. We're waiting for a missing piece by one of our suppliers to finalize the assembly of your timepiece.

In any case, we'll contact you before we send out your order.

We apologize for the extra waiting time and we stay at your disposal.
    Kind Regards,
    Florine"

Frankly, I've lost interest and would prefer to cancel my order but have heard that's not an option since all of these pre-orders are considered "custom" orders because they are limited editions.

I've moved on to other watch companies that will hold better resale values. My plan now is to just sell this Ball Watch as soon as I receive it.

My Ball AD isn't happy with Ball either. Ball's sales direct to buyers has really stirred the pot with many ADs. Frankly, I don't blame the ADs at all. I think many ADs have just stopped carrying the brand because of Ball's direct sales to customers.
    Citizen V likes this.

You pre-ordered. New watch models often take a long time from press release or announcement and actual finished pieces hitting the market.

Do you prefer they cut corners to rush? use mass backstocked tritium tubes, movements, and recycled parts from refurbished/returned watches?

Quote Originally Posted by bluedialer View Post
    You pre-ordered. New watch models often take a long time from press release or announcement and actual finished pieces hitting the market.
    We're all well aware of that. It's already been 6 months since the end of the pre-order campaign. I don't see people complaining about that 6 month wait here.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedialer View Post
    Do you prefer they cut corners to rush? use mass backstocked tritium tubes, movements, and recycled parts from refurbished/returned watches?
    I prefer they give us a more accurate estimate of completion date. Ball has consistently underestimate how long delivery will take for pre-orders, and at this point should have better estimations. In the event completion is delayed, I expect a notice of it. May came and went, and they didn't send out any email informing us of this month delay.
    lexurg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
    The following is the message I got from Ball.

"Thank you for your message.

Your order is still in production. We're waiting for a missing piece by one of our suppliers to finalize the assembly of your timepiece.

In any case, we'll contact you before we send out your order.

We apologize for the extra waiting time and we stay at your disposal.
    Kind Regards,
    Florine"

Frankly, I've lost interest and would prefer to cancel my order but have heard that's not an option since all of these pre-orders are considered "custom" orders because they are limited editions.

I've moved on to other watch companies that will hold better resale values. My plan now is to just sell this Ball Watch as soon as I receive it.

My Ball AD isn't happy with Ball either. Ball's sales direct to buyers has really stirred the pot with many ADs. Frankly, I don't blame the ADs at all. I think many ADs have just stopped carrying the brand because of Ball's direct sales to customers.

Ball is a funny company. Their watches are really quite nice, some are extremely nice, and they use a lot of chronometer movements. The problem with Ball is that they can't seem to make their minds up as to whether they want to be a high end brand or a mid range one.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information