Ball Sales/Service Operations in Hong Kong

Thread: Ball Sales/Service Operations in Hong Kong

Ball Sales/Service Operations in Hong Kong

While in Hong Kong recently I decided to see if I could source a metal bracelet for my Orbital, as I'd purchased it originally with a rubber strap, but wanted a change. Tracked down the Ball shop in Lee Garden Road, Causeway Bay no problem. This was the first solus Ball outlet I'd ever seen and just about every Ball model from the current line up was on display, including the new Orbital, which I also tried on.

Upon enquiry about bracelets I was directed by the helpful staff to the Ball service centre a few MTR stops away at Des Voeux Road West in Sheung Wang. There to my delight was an amazing and quite large Ball service centre operation tucked away on the 13th floor of a tower block. When I entered I was immediately reassured that I'd be seen straight away, even without an appointment and to my delight a very helpful technician took my watch away, emerging 30 minutes later with a metal bracelet fitted and ready for sizing. All for a great price as well, so I am more than happy because the watch feels better balanced on the correct metal bracelet.

So here it is with new metal bracelet:

Name:  Orbital bracelet.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  187.3 KB

If you're in HK check them out.

arc

PS Just noticed in this photo that the angle of my wrist looks like it's starting to pop open the crown protector, which does happen from time to time during normal wear. Not a massive problem though.
    Last edited by arcboutant; March 18th, 2014 at 08:53.

Ingersoll Jefferson

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Re: Ball Sales/Service Operations in Hong Kong

Congrats and I'm happy that worked out for you.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Is there a big difference in the lume from the Orbital 1 vs the Orbital 2. I always thought the lume was not that strong on the Orbital 1

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by evacepp View Post
    Is there a big difference in the lume from the Orbital 1 vs the Orbital 2. I always thought the lume was not that strong on the Orbital 1

I think you're probably right. With the numeric hour markers on the dial for the Orbital 2, the tritium is a bit better and there's lume on the dial as well for the three small dials instead of silvered rings. The bezel looked exactly the same. I didn't check the push-buttons, but they'll probably be the same as the 1. I did discuss the 2 at some length with the staff in the Ball outlet on Lee Garden Road and they played up the LE nature of the 1, rather than trying to sell me the newer model, which surprised me a little.

arc
    Last edited by arcboutant; March 18th, 2014 at 08:55.

Ingersoll Jefferson

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by evacepp View Post

Both are T rated. The primary difference is how it is communicated. The original used triple tubes to form markers with a different color center tube and the 1/4 hour markers that varied in color, The "II" version moved to single tubes at the 1/4 hour markers and the others have GTLS numbers. The original is a limited edition of 1000 and the II has a new generation manual Amortizer. Otherwise the case, pushers, crown and guard, and bezels have not changed.
    Last edited by samanator; March 18th, 2014 at 13:34.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

I would love to trade up to get the orbital 2 just because of the lume and the numbers but I don't think that I would get enough for my orbital 1

Thread Information