Ball Service Policy

Thread: Ball Service Policy

Ball Service Policy

Hi,

I have a Engineer Master Classic that I really really like and am buying a orange 40mm Fireman on bracelet by the end of the month.

My question is does Ball refinish cases and bracelets when you send them for service and does Ball have as a policy that worn vials can be replaced?

I know it would take years for the vials to dim but I tend to keep my watches for years and my current Ball is keeper. The bracelet's polished surfaces will probably look scuffed by the time I need a service too.

Thanks,
    Charles

Re: Ball Service Policy

We will offer tube replacement as an option with regular maintenance. It is a minor procedure that does not even require replacing or otherwise modifying the dial.

Since we have not had to replace any tubes yet, we have not set pricing for this service. However, it will be a small additional expense.

We will of course replace the tubes if there is a warranty claim during the initial manufacturers' warranty period. The tubes are guaranteed for the extent of the original manufacturer's warranty.

We expect them to last for up to 25 years, at which time they will have dimmed about 75%.

Not sure about case and bracelet refinishing. I do know that Ball Watch USA has an inhouse watchmaker on site. They are not like Rolex, where they make you refinish the case and bracelet for any service. You probably can request it though.
    We are happy to offer the service of bracelet & case refinishing during routine maintenance. We will request approval before making any changes to a customer's watch.

This is basic international policy.

Regards,
    Jeremy Hogan
    Ball Watch Company
    Last edited by obie; September 7th, 2007 at 18:11.

...needs to update his signature line.
    July 08 Newsletter: New World Record for Guillaume Néry, Diver GMT, Aviator
    Baselworld 2008 Newsletter: Guillaume Néry, Trieste Chronograph, Moonlight Special
    Click to view the BALL Engineer Master II Diver TMT.

I edited this thread, as I provided incorrect information, and I do appologize for that. I left stand the information that is correct. Sorry for the misunderstanding..

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Question Re: Ball Service Policy

Dear Jeremy,

How often should my new Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti Chrono be serviced?

Also... Is the any way of getting different colored hour and minute hands, The silver hands are hard to see against the black dial.. Maybe yellow like the sweep hand?

I just bought a Mad Cow, also was wondering what is the recommended service intervals?

Quote Originally Posted by ballwatch View Post
    We will offer tube replacement as an option with regular maintenance. It is a minor procedure that does not even require replacing or otherwise modifying the dial.

Regards,
    Jeremy Hogan
    Ball Watch Company
    This is interesting, it sound like buyer can request for modification of the dial with a price. How can this dial modification be done and waht else can be modify Mr Jeremy (Hulk) Hogan?

Confused Re: Ball Service Policy Would like a black bezel...

The best change I can think of in the Hydrocarbon series would be a black bezel... maybe even keeping the shiny steel placemarkers. The increments are all but useless night or day as the SL can't really be seen during the day against the steel and the SL glow lasts only an hour at night. Thank God for the one small tritium placemarker at 12:00

Depending on who you ask, we often here #'s like 5 years, 7 years, 10 years. A lot of it depends on wear. For example...I don't where my very dressy watches very often, but I do wind them once a month...ditto with a lot of my vintage watches. Some of these watches are worn 5-10 times a year, plus their monthly wind. So a year for these watches is very different than say a year for my NightTrain, which sees heavy action.

I would think that 5-7 years should work for modern watches that are worn frequently, like our Ball Watches. If you should suddenly see a drastic change in your watches behaviour, that would require an earlier look.

Hope this helps...have a great day!
    kind regards,

scott

vintage and obscure watch lover

We tell all our customers "dont mess with it if it is not broken" In other words.. just like Scott says.. if it keeps good time then it is fine. When you get up around the 7 to 10 year mark you might want to have the seals replaced though to keep the watch water resistant. A watch will tell you when it needs service by keeping poor time. So you can save your $ until the time comes...

Thread Information