Ball Sportsman Japan LE Without Ducks Unlimited Branding - Any more info?

Thread: Ball Sportsman Japan LE Without Ducks Unlimited Branding - Any more info?

Ball Sportsman Japan LE Without Ducks Unlimited Branding - Any more info?

Hi all,

I was intrigued by the Ball Sportsman Ducks Unlimited LE when it was released but was kind of turned off by the Ducks Unlimited branding. Cool nonprofit, but I don't need a duck drawn on my watch dial.

Anyways, I was browsing ebay yesterday and found what appears to be the same watch minus the Ducks Unlimited branding. Possibly limited to the Japanese market, since it's listed by a japanese seller.

As much as I try though, I can't seem to find any more references to this watch anywhere. Anyone seen it before?

Cheers

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  69.7 KB
    Current Collection: Tudor Pelagos Blue, JLC Master Geographic, Seagull 1963

Re: Ball Sportsman Japan LE Without Ducks Unlimited Branding - Any more info?

It's beautiful!! I was interested in the DU watch, but didn't like the logo as well. This one is tempting if available!

I found the listing I think you are referring to--and they state specifically that it is NOT a Japan-region model, and as such very rare--also, the model reference number DM1022a is of course BOTH the Ducks Unlimited model, and a somewhat unrelated diver (Ball sometimes does this, who knows why), but does not bring up any of these versions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Less is More...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    I found the listing I think you are referring to--and they state specifically that it is NOT a Japan-region model, and as such very rare--also, the model reference number DM1022a is of course BOTH the Ducks Unlimited model, and a somewhat unrelated diver (Ball sometimes does this, who knows why), but does not bring up any of these versions.
    I don't see where in the listing they say that it's not a japan-region model. But that's good to know all the same.

Really tempted to pick this one up. It's a looker.
    Current Collection: Tudor Pelagos Blue, JLC Master Geographic, Seagull 1963

Quote Originally Posted by Zama View Post
    I don't see where in the listing they say that it's not a japan-region model. But that's good to know all the same.

Really tempted to pick this one up. It's a looker.
    Could be a different listing--I am guessing there is only one, but offered on a couple of different sites, one listed in English, another in Japanese (if the picts I posted above are the same, that would be confirmation--if not, then there are at least two here). In the Japanese for the listing I saw, it specifically says that it is not a Japanese model. It isn't shown in Ball's published Japanese catalogs, and it isn't shown on the Japanese Ball web site. It could be a Hong Kong or other Asian country model, such as Singapore, where both countries often have models unique to them, and aren't available elsewhere unless resold by the original owner--likely this is the case of the Ducks Unlimited look-alike--the price is quite good (around $800 for the one I saw)--looks to be a good pick up, if you go for it.
    Last edited by timefleas; January 20th, 2019 at 16:54.

I remember that caseback. Ball retro.

Thread Information