Ball Trainmaster Manufacture 80 Case Mark

Thread: Ball Trainmaster Manufacture 80 Case Mark

Ball Trainmaster Manufacture 80 Case Mark

Hello, I have bought a Ball Trainmaster Manufacture 80 watch in blue color from Ebay. The watch was basically new, bought from someone else 1 month before my purchase, from an authorized dealer and came with original box and papers but when it arrived it had a small mark/scratch/chip on the side (see pictures).

I got the watch for a fair price so that flaw is not enough for me to return it. According to the seller, who has great feedback on the platform, the watch was unworn although there was no listing picture of that side. I don't know if it's his fault or the customs' fault but it doesn't matter now. My question is if someone can tell me what kind of mark that is, is it a scratch? because it doesn't look like your typical scratch (also its not rough on touch) and secondly, if you have any suggestions/solutions that i could apply at home in order to remove it (i have only rubbed it with a microfiber cloth).

I know it's better to take it to a watch expert for a polish/repair but not only i'm too lazy for that, there also is no one with that expertise in my area that i trust and i'm more confident in my skills (if something goes south it came from me, I will have no one else to blame).

Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Ball Trainmaster Manufacture 80 Case Mark

I don't think I've ever seen that before, but since you are keeping it I would use a cape cod or jeweler's cloth and try buffing it out--I've used both to successfully get rid of a lot worse.

Thank you for your advice, i' ll give it a shot!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Also, some very fine polishing compound and a Dremel tool would probably correct it as well.

Try the Cape Cod cloth first. Make sure to tape off everything around the area you are working on and don't get the cloth near the crystal.

Good luck.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thank you too for your help sir! I' ll be as careful as possible.

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

I'm curious to hear if this polishes off. I've had a ton of watches and have been around metal finishing a very long time, but I've never seen anything like this. If you can't feel it then it has to polish off.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

I have already ordered cape cod from Amazon but it will take another week to arrive. When I try it out I will post the results. Do u think it could be a manufacture defect?