The Ball Watch Company is great.

Thread: The Ball Watch Company is great.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Ball Watch Company is great.

I accidentally dropped my Engineer Hydrocarbon Classic (white face) from a height of over three meters (I was standing on my bed at the time). It started to run +5s/min. Even though I was entirely at fault, Ball repaired the watch under warranty, and even paid for return Fed-Ex shipping. I had been expecting an expensive repair, and the money I put aside for it can now go towards another watch. It's only fitting that I get a Ball. I'm inclined towards one of the 38mm Engineer Master IIs. I like the size. I'm getting a bit tired of big watches. The polished finish is a bit too blingy for my taste, but I figure I can get the watch bead-blasted. Anyway, Ball is a great company, and they really stand behind their product.
    Ethan

Re: The Ball Watch Company is great.

You mean your bed is three meters high? BALL generally has great after sale-service.

thanx for sharing the great support story!
    kind regards,

scott

vintage and obscure watch lover

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great story! Ball really stands behind their product. Excellent customer service.

That's awesome!!!
    Because nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational poster about being a winner.

TMW

Great story.

Quote Originally Posted by iceheller View Post
    You mean your bed is three meters high? BALL generally has great after sale-service.
    My Bed is unusually tall- about 1.5 meters off the ground, and I was standing on it when I dropped the watch. Don't ask.
    Ethan

Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    My Bed is unusually tall- about 1.5 meters off the ground, and I was standing on it when I dropped the watch. Don't ask.

I get it. I used to have high bed as well (double decker). hehhehe

Cudos to Ball's service, but...

I wonder how many g's does a drop from 3 meters generate. The Hydrocarbon is touted as shockproof to 7500g's and I tend to think that a 3 meter drop hardly generates 7500g's.

After the 3 meter fall, this particular watch's accuracy is +5 seconds per minute, or +2 hrs / day.

If the thing is 7500g shock proof, shouldn't it still be keeping accurate time?

Not slighting Ball..I have 3 of them and one is the Mad Cow....

(I once dropped a Rolex Sub 1.5 meters onto concrete and it still kept to -1.2 sec/day, so it IS possible to keep accurate time if a mech timepiece is dropped from 'reasonable' height).

I guess it kinda hard to say. My EHCI got knock by stopping bus, drop from shelf(~1m high) and landed on the concrete floor, got hit by dumbbell in the gym, went though M16 range firing with me on my wrist and absorbing all the re-coil and lastly endure less than -20*C in short duration of 3-5mins and is still running almost in COCS specs.
    But some claims their watch just stop when they drop or hit against other watch. So hard to say. Now my aviator is going through the rough treatment i meter to it. It just got struck by the metal door knock with a big bang sound that i guess you can heard the echo of the collision if you are 30-40meter away. But is still running at almost COCS specs. So i again, it kinda hard to say.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information