Ball watch feeding frenzy... because of WUS?

Thread: Ball watch feeding frenzy... because of WUS?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ball watch feeding frenzy... because of WUS?

Is it just me, or has there been a Ball watch feeding frenzy since this Ball forum was launched? It seems that Ball watches on the sales forums are being snapped up very quickly lately, and at higher prices than I'm used to seeing.

Don't get me wrong, they are worth every penny, but I'm a bit sad that the secret is out and now everyone knows how great a value Balls are and are more aggresively persuing them.

Good for Ball, bad for Ball collectors looking for a bargain.

Mark

Re: Ball watch feeding frenzy... because of WUS?

I know what ya mean--I've tried twice to grab a newly listed Ball on WUS and TZ so far this week and been too late in both cases. Oh well, more will come along, but yes, sellers do seem to know they can ask a good price for their Balls and get it.
    Chris

"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." -Oscar Wilde
    ==========================
    Collector of Ball, Stowa and Glycine timepieces

I am sure that the forum has a little bit to do with it, but Ball Watches are rather hard to come by on the various sales corners anyway. I remember when Ball Watches were 1st re-released to the US market, it was nearly impossible to find a dealer anywhere. Thankfully Ball has been making progress, and there are two local AD's near me. Of course the AD I use the most for all my watch purchases are on the otherside of the US. Go figure, but good service is good service.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I must confess that I had been thinking of buying a Ball watch over the past 6 months or so...but it was this forum that finally convinced me to take the plunge...it will be arriving shortly!

Thanks, guys!

Ron

I think I have found this forum has provided much needed information and better pictures than are available on 'official' sites. You certainly all encouraged me in the purchase of my Alligator (still waiting for its arrival ). In the UK there are only two dealers and so the profile is absolute zero! I am now looking at the night train, but I am wondering how I can persuade my wife that it is a good idea. I remember Mrs Obi's reply to Obi with rolling eyes (very funny). I guess that it can only be good for all of us if the watches gain some second hand value as that means we can sell them and buy new models without losing all our money, can only be good for the brand if the prestige and interest builds!

About 6 months ago, there was a GMT II on TZ that sat there for over a week, and kept dropping in price. It caught my attention and I finally made a lowball offer and got it for a steal. That would never happen today. I loved the watch and was blown away with the quality but I then traded it off for a U1 as the GMT was too small for me at 40mm, and began a search for the 42mm Gator. A Gator came up on TZ soon after, and the same thing happened... it was on there for over 2 weeks, and dropped and dropped in price, untill I finally made my move and got it (NIB with receipt from AD) for $1100 below retail!

Today, that watch would be sold in a day or two max. Ball watches are hot and this forum is fuel on the fire IMHO. I also think Jeremy's and Ball's participation here is a big part of what makes people want one and feel comfortable with the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by David111 View Post
    In the UK there are only two dealers and so the profile is absolute zero! I am now looking at the night train, but I am wondering how I can persuade my wife that it is a good idea.
    Who are the UK dealers please ? I'm interested in a Ball watch but have never known where to get one in the UK.

Thanks,
    Charlie

Besides the issue of price escalating due to the rising interest in the brand, it would be nice to see more people buying balls and showing them off!

look on the bright side, the money earned will enable Ball to improve further and give us Ball lovers more to look forward to in the future.

Initally was the hydrocarbon with 7500Gs, then its the LE Diver thats being introduced now with a thermometer inbuilt, then its the Night train with 63 tubes and DLC coating!!

This brand is definitely getting more exciting!! If you haven bought one now, its a good time to invest in one :)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Who are the UK dealers please ? I'm interested in a Ball watch but have never known where to get one in the UK.

Thanks,
    Charlie
    Selfridges in London and Manchester.
    John Dyson & Sons in Leeds. Not sure if I'm allowed to post full retailer details on the forum...

...needs to update his signature line.
    July 08 Newsletter: New World Record for Guillaume Néry, Diver GMT, Aviator
    Baselworld 2008 Newsletter: Guillaume Néry, Trieste Chronograph, Moonlight Special
    Click to view the BALL Engineer Master II Diver TMT.

Put it this way. In 15 years of watch collecting, I have owned 11 Omegas. In the last 3 years I have owned 6 Balls and still have 2...

I have had everything from Breitling(4), Girard Perregaux (2) to IWC(2) to Rolex(3), Pamerai(2), Tag(5) and everything in between. Even Japy(1), UTS(1), Angular Momentum(2), Doxa(5), you name it...

I honestly feel Ball watches are the BEST value in the watch market right now. Innovation. Attention to detail. Extremely precise movements. CUSTOMER SERVICE. And last but not least reasonable prices. A winning combination if I do say so myself...

Marc
    T2W

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information