Ball Watch question

Thread: Ball Watch question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ball Watch question

Hi, everybody, good day to you, I am a freshman here! I have a silly question below:
    Do all Ball watches are with perpetual calendar? that one doesn't need to change the date the first day of every 2 months.
    Many thanks in advance!

Re: Ball Watch question

all ball watches do not come with a perpetual calendar; matter of fact i'm not sure any ball watch comes with a perpetual calendar, altho some of them do feature something called the "ball date warning system"... i have no idea what that is.

i know my em2 moonglow is not a perpetual calendar.

Perpetuals are very rare, and Ball does not make one...yet.

The date warning system is a triangle that turns from white to red and back. It turns to red between 9pm and 3am to warn you not to change the date during this time.

If you look carefully, you can make out a white triangle under the second hand:

kind regards,

scott

vintage and obscure watch lover

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

No such thing as silly questions here - only silly answers!

As Scott said, perpetual calendars are quite rare in mechanical watches, and require a very complicated movement. That usually means one thing - very expensive. They also can be a pain to have to reset if they reach the end of their power reserve. That being said, it is a great feature to have, if you can find one at an affordable price.

I presently use a Citizen eco-drive calibre 3100 Ltd. Edition as a perpetual calendar, which I like alot. It has a date window similar to the one on the Lange, and looks very classy too.

Regards,
    -Jeff
    Trivia question of the month:
    The history of the Baselworld Watch and Jewellery Show dates back to what year, when there was established the first Schweizer Mustermesse Basel (MUBA) with a special section devoted to watches and jewellery?
    ~Click on my profile and look under my biography for the answer.
    Quote of the month:
    "Give me the perfect oil and I'll make the perfect watch."
    ~ Abraham-Louis Breguet

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Timewaster View Post
    No such thing as silly questions here - only silly answers!

As Scott said, perpetual calendars are quite rare in mechanical watches, and require a very complicated movement. That usually means one thing - very expensive. They also can be a pain to have to reset if they reach the end of their power reserve. That being said, it is a great feature to have, if you can find one at an affordable price.

I presently use a Citizen eco-drive calibre 3100 Ltd. Edition as a perpetual calendar, which I like alot. It has a date window similar to the one on the Lange, and looks very classy too.

Regards,
    -Jeff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not aware of a pure plan on the development schedule. Cost of these models are high and is there a need in the market for it!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonBallDealer View Post
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not aware of a pure plan on the development schedule. Cost of these models are high and is there a need in the market for it!?!?!?
    There's not a need for 99.9% of the watches on the market, when you come to think of it. We can all get by with a boring quartz beater.

Ball's got models with thermometers, illuminated dates, special oil, and super-bright lume, none of which we need . . . all of which is COOL!

A Ball with perpetual calendar would just be cool.

Rob
    Last edited by roberev; November 24th, 2008 at 02:32. Reason: clarified thoughts and dropped sentence.

So true Rob! A very big part of my decision in buying any watch is the coolness factor. You know, when you really think about it, a perpetual calendar is, in theory, best for those who don't want to fiddle around with resetting the watch at the end of a 30 day month, leap year, etc. A lot of us - me in particular - are guilty of fiddling around with our watches even when we don't have to (and sometimes maybe even when we shouldn't! ).

Regards,
    -Jeff
    Trivia question of the month:
    The history of the Baselworld Watch and Jewellery Show dates back to what year, when there was established the first Schweizer Mustermesse Basel (MUBA) with a special section devoted to watches and jewellery?
    ~Click on my profile and look under my biography for the answer.
    Quote of the month:
    "Give me the perfect oil and I'll make the perfect watch."
    ~ Abraham-Louis Breguet

Smile Re: Ball Watch question

Thanks for sharing
    It's good to be here with all of you !

I am sorry I joined this discussion late, it appears you have found the answers to your questions.

At any rate, WELCOME ABOARD!
    Marc Levesque
    @MarcTime2watch
    MyTime2watch.blogspot.com

Hi, Marc, never be too late, I feel myself at ease like a family here :thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information