Ball Watch USA - worth stopping by if in FLA?

Thread: Ball Watch USA - worth stopping by if in FLA?

Ball Watch USA - worth stopping by if in FLA?

In mid-February, I'll be driving down through Florida, from Panama City Beach down to just south of Ft. Meyers. Would it be worth it to swing through Tampa to see Ball Watch USA HQ? Is it mostly just offices and other typical corporate stuff, or are there tours or anything like that?

Regards,
    -Jeff
    Trivia question of the month:
    The history of the Baselworld Watch and Jewellery Show dates back to what year, when there was established the first Schweizer Mustermesse Basel (MUBA) with a special section devoted to watches and jewellery?
    ~Click on my profile and look under my biography for the answer.
    Quote of the month:
    "Give me the perfect oil and I'll make the perfect watch."
    ~ Abraham-Louis Breguet

Re: Ball Watch USA - worth stopping by if in FLA?

Jeff,

Ball Watch USA isn't open to the public, and to be honest it is just a few offices and such (they are distributors but have two or three watchmakers on location). However right next door is Old Northeast Jewelers, which will have every Ball watch there (and some really rare discontinued models) and the President of Ball Watch USA, Jeff Hess owns the store. If he has time, you may be able to get him to show you some of Webb Ball's personal collection (pocket watches personal and production) and other Ball Watch memorabilia that is there.

Additionally there are some other amazing watches at Old Northeast Jewelers along with some cool used and vintage timepieces.
    Last edited by obie; February 2nd, 2009 at 00:55.

Quote Originally Posted by obie View Post
    Jeff,

Ball Watch USA isn't open to the public, and to be honest it is just a few offices and such (they are distributors but have two or three watchmakers on location). However right next door is Old Northeast Jewelers, which will have every Ball watch there (and some really rare discontinued models) and the President of Ball Watch USA, Jeff Hess owns the store. If he has time, you may be able to get him to show you some of Webb Ball's personal collection (pocket watches personal and production) and other Ball Watch memorabilia that is there.

Additionally there are some other amazing watches at Old Northeast Jewelers along with some cool used and vintage timepieces.

Good to know. :thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the suggestion, Obie. Actually, that sounds even better, as I will have younger kids and the wife with me too, and they might prefer to drop me off and do something a little less horological, while I peruse some fine time pieces. Might just have to work that into the agenda! Will try to remember to leave the credit card with them, so I don't do anything foolish!

Regards,
    -Jeff
    Trivia question of the month:
    The history of the Baselworld Watch and Jewellery Show dates back to what year, when there was established the first Schweizer Mustermesse Basel (MUBA) with a special section devoted to watches and jewellery?
    ~Click on my profile and look under my biography for the answer.
    Quote of the month:
    "Give me the perfect oil and I'll make the perfect watch."
    ~ Abraham-Louis Breguet

Well there is a lot to do right around Ball Watch HQ. There is the Sunken Gardens, Dali museum, a great downtown area and pier with a mini aquarium and a host of other attractions all within a short drive or even walk (it probably is possible to walk around in February down there). Also Treasure island is about 20 minutes away and could give your family some great beaches to go to while you drop your CC in the store for some cool watches.

That's good info. Must remember this when I go to Tampa next time.

Quote Originally Posted by obie View Post
    Jeff,

aw that sucks that they arent open to the public.. but its good to know that we have you guys..

I happen to live in Tampa so I have been to Old Northeast Jewelers several times. They have every Ball Watch there. It is very cool to see them all. As most of you know, watch look much better in person than in pictures. I take my drool bucket along.

They also have some other brands that you might like to look at.

Anonimo
    BALL Watch
    Blancpain
    Fortis
    Franck Muller
    Glashutte Original
    Girard-Perregaux
    Glycine
    Hamilton
    JeanRichard
    Krieger
    Martin Braun
    MIDO
    Muhle Glashutte
    Scott Kay
    Seiko
    Teno
    XEMEX

Lots and lots of cool toys!!!!
    Because nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational poster about being a winner.

I garantee you, as a wus, it will be worth your while to stop at Jeff's store on your way through the area. Either Jeff, his wife, or the others that work for him are very Xenial and are glad to show you anything in the store, even if it appears that you're not going to buy anything. He has many premiere watch brands besides Ball and the widest selections. He has two watchmakers on premises with very reasonable rates.

Thread Information