Ball Worldtime watch hand coordination

Thread: Ball Worldtime watch hand coordination

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    heb

Ball Worldtime watch hand coordination

Hello, Every picture I've seen of these watches NEVER show correct coordination between the minute hand and the 24-hour ring. I mean, for instance, when the minute hand shows 10 past the hour, the 24 hour dial should NOT be pinned to a major minute chapter. Why am I the only person who cares about this? heb

Re: Ball Worldtime watch hand coordination

I'm not even sure what you are complaining about.... Forum pics?
    • Zenith El Primero 1969
    • Stowa Flieger
    • Victorinox Officer's Limited Edition 1884
    • Ball Engineer II Marvelight
    • Ball Engineer Master II Moon-Phase
    • Ball Engineer Master II Moon-Glow

Quote Originally Posted by heb View Post
    Hello, Every picture I've seen of these watches NEVER show correct coordination between the minute hand and the 24-hour ring. I mean, for instance, when the minute hand shows 10 past the hour, the 24 hour dial should NOT be pinned to a major minute chapter. Why am I the only person who cares about this? heb
    Not sure what you mean by "major minute chapter." I have a Trainmaster world time and it does take a bit of fiddling to get the 24 hr ring and local time to line up perfectly because unlike many world time watches, you can adjust the two times independently. But once you have them properly aligned, you don't have to adjust again unless you are trying to compensate, for example, that the US daylight time starts and ends differently from Europe.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It is possible, quite easy in fact, to get the world time bezel to show the correct time, ie, that on the main dial, purely by using the crown in the watch setting position. Easiest way, is to set the world time bezel at 0000hrs or 1200hrs, by setting the bezel at your local time.

Instructions are in the stickies.
    Doug Darter

One of the founder members of WUS, and THE founder member of the Breitling forum. Approx 7000 posts missing when I wnt dark for a year!!

Quote Originally Posted by gtuck View Post
    Not sure what you mean by "major minute chapter." I have a Trainmaster world time and it does take a bit of fiddling to get the 24 hr ring and local time to line up perfectly because unlike many world time watches, you can adjust the two times independently. But once you have them properly aligned, you don't have to adjust again unless you are trying to compensate, for example, that the US daylight time starts and ends differently from Europe.
    Agreed. A bit more fiddling than I cared for but definitely doable...

Can confirm - fiddling is an annoying, one-time thing. Coordination is definitely doable though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by heb View Post
    Old post, but how about a few actual pictures of what bothers you? By your post, it seems there must be many available.
    Last edited by timefleas; August 17th, 2014 at 14:26.

Heb,

I think I have seen a couple of pics of the world time watches that have the ring out of sync with the time on the dial. The truth maybe that some of the owners may not even use the world time ring or have simply let the watch run down and back-wound the time for convenience when they wind it up again for use.
    I just got back from Europe and my diver world time was a real asset to me as I traveled to and from our destinations across the time zones. And yes, I am a real stickler to have the ring match precisely the correct position.

I keep it on GMT -1 hour for summer (as it is DST in London), and that gives me the world time at a glance without having to turn my ET bezel. And of coarse, not all countries utilize DST and some even go on the thirty minute offset! I shan't be going to those places anyway! I digress.

It's basically a quick set to dial the time BACKWARD as you travel westward across time zones, as the mechanism is disengaged from driving the world time ring.

So I do understand your point when you see a picture of one of these beauties and it isn't set up to spec. If you do pick one up, my advice is put it on a winder or wear it often and keep it wound, or you too may find yourself spending time synchronizing the ring.......or not!

Anyway, I hope you get one of these Ball world time watches. They are truly amazing, especially for the price!

Regards,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by TAYHAS View Post
    Heb,

Anyway, I hope you get one of these Ball world time watches. They are truly amazing, especially for the price!

Regards,

Bill
    I agree. It is a lot of watch for the money. I have the Trainmaster version which lacks the adjustable city bezel but it is still plenty usable and COSC. Having the adjustable bezel makes for a better travel watch though. Right now, with so many news grabbing events around the world, a quick glance at the watch tells me the time in Ukraine or Iraq. I don't wear it all the time or keep it on a winder. It's a simple matter of restarting the watch if I just advance the local time which keeps the 24 hour disk properly aligned, then adjust day and date and hack the seconds.

I keep local time 8 hours behind London and will remember that European Summer time ends a week before ours.

gtuck is right! I guess I was making way too much out of tending to the time ring on restart!

Oh and, I set the time ring to GMT +1 hour for DST (not -1 hour as I had posted earlier).

Have a great week all.

Bill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information