Band Size & Extra Links or End Links
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By timefleas

Thread: Band Size & Extra Links or End Links

Band Size & Extra Links or End Links

Sorry for writing so many posts asking questions, but to be honest, this is the last place I go for information. In other words by the time I ask a question here, all other means that I know of, for getting certain information have been exhausted. That being said I have another question if you please.

Iím trying to buy a Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Airborne watch and I spoke with a representative from the company that I planned on purchasing the watch from and they told me that the watch bracelet can only accommodate an 8 inch wrist. I have 9 inch wrists and I need extra links but they told me that they didnít have any and my best bet would be to contact the manufacturer.

The nearest dealer is over an hour drive from my house and I donít have a car so Iíd need a taxi and and most wonít accomodate a wheelchair so thatís not a viable solution.

I tried to contact Ball Watches from their website and havenít heard back from them. I donít know if they answer their email but the one form I tried to figure out I gave up on after spending more than a Ĺ an hour trying to get it to work. I finally found another form on their website that seemed to work. Whether they answer it or not is another deal entirely. I suspect it may be several days. Itís already been several hours and they didnít even send me a courtesy email says, we received your email and weíll get back to you when we can. This is reassuring to most of us because it says that they received the information and we are on track for communication.

So where is the best place to purchase the links? Iím not sure if I can even contact Ball but maybe they will eventually contact me. Does anyone have any ideas that could solve this problem? Iíve looked on the internet without success.

I found out on the internet that a Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Airborne, a similar watch, has a bracelet length of 210mm or about 8ľ inch.

And will I just be getting links or end links? Any help you can give me would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, jefred

Re: Band Size & Extra Links or End Links

Hi again,
    You might try calling or emailing our forum sponsor, Rob Caplan, of Topper Jewelers (see the forum heading info, above--they are located in Burlingame, California)--they are an AD of Ball, and generally very nice people to work with. You will only need additional links, no end pieces. You might also try calling the AD near your home and see if they can order some links for you, and somehow make arrangements to get them to you. As for Topper, Rob is very busy, as their shop is a major player in the watch world, but persevere, and you should be able to get through to him and he should be able to either directly help you, or point you in the right direction. Good luck!
    Last edited by timefleas; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:33.
    EHV likes this.

I can't speak to the bracelet links, but Ball is very responsive from the customer service end of their web site. Remember, they are responding from Switzerland so they are +6 GMT, so I believe that means 9 hours ahead of you in California. You may have sent them an email during off business hours over there. And there is no automated response back.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Rob at Topper would be my first call.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    Hi again,
    You might try calling or emailing our forum sponsor, Rob Caplan, of Topper Jewelers (see the forum heading info, above--they are located in Burlingame, California)--they are an AD of Ball, and generally very nice people to work with. You will only need additional links, no end pieces. You might also try calling the AD near your home and see if they can order some links for you, and somehow make arrangements to get them to you. As for Topper, Rob is very busy, as their shop is a major player in the watch world, but persevere, and you should be able to get through to him and he should be able to either directly help you, or point you in the right direction. Good luck!
    Timefleas, thanks for the advice. I think I have a good contact for Ball and I think I will try them first. Other people have had good luck by dealing with Bell directly and I have a contact name and email address. If that doesnít work Iíll try the contacting the Ball dealers directly.

Nearest Ball dealer from my home is about an hour drive. I live about 12 miles east of Disneyland in Anaheim, CA. Of course I guess it really doesnít matter if Iím having shipped to me where they are. And Iíve heard good things about Topper so that may be something that Iíll look into also.

Now I my next decision is: should I buy my watch first or should I wait until I know that I can get the links? I know it shouldnít be that hard to get the exact links because I really donít want to change the bracelet because it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Dump View Post
    I can't speak to the bracelet links, but Ball is very responsive from the customer service end of their web site. Remember, they are responding from Switzerland so they are +6 GMT, so I believe that means 9 hours ahead of you in California. You may have sent them an email during off business hours over there. And there is no automated response back.
    Thunder Dump, thanks for the response. Yeah, I contacted them from their website and Iím waiting on that and then I got a persons name and email address directly and Iím waiting on that. Iím pretty sure either of the two will contact me although Iím always contact them at night. Itís 10:45 PST right now and itís 7:45 in Switzerland. And your right, there is no automated response. Cheers!

Thread Information