Which are brighter, Ball watches marked with "T25" or simply just "T"? - Page 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Which are brighter, Ball watches marked with "T25" or simply just "T"?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    What really seems to matter most of all is color. Green is thr brightest color visible to the human eye and is why Ball uses mostly green tubes.

Re: Which are brighter, Ball watches marked with "T25" or simply just "T"?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
    Ball's T rating is actually between 25 - 100 for the aggregate of all the tritium, GTLS, markers.

So a watch with a T rating may come in at 30, not that much brighter than T25, or it may be closer to 100. Most of the time, watches with the T rating are closer to 100, and so quite a bit brighter than a T25 rated watch, as in the case of a Spacemaster X-Lume or Engineer II Dual Time.
    This is correct--T25 represents the aggregate of anything UP to 25, while T and T100 both are used to represent anything FROM 25 UP to 100. The tubes themselves are uniform in diameter, but vary in length, and some are used as pips, standing upright, such as in many watches in the Trainmaster series. Those that look boxlike are enclosed in cases, similar to florescent tube lights enclosed in plastic light fixtures. Luminosity is measured using a relative scale, and since green is the most easily perceived, green is given a rating of 100%, yellow at 80%, blue or white at 60%, pink or orange at 40% and red at 20%.

DC5

I think also there is a legal aspect to this as well as different countries have different laws related to tritium. For example, all the Ball watches sold in Japan are T25, if they are not marked T25 then they can't be serviced in Japan due the legal regulations here.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Interesting in that the Ball tritium approach supplies a longer-lasting "glow," but not as intense as Luminova or the Super Luminova. I don't
    know if I will be a Ball owner long enough to find out how long they will glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizcut1 View Post
    Interesting in that the Ball tritium approach supplies a longer-lasting "glow," but not as intense as Luminova or the Super Luminova. I don't
    That's if you take the effort to fully "charge" the superluminova, I really have never been impressed with it.
    Bizcut1, trappster and timefleas like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ReticulatedPython View Post
    That's if you take the effort to fully "charge" the superluminova, I really have never been impressed with it.
    I agree--Superluminova of course works for a few hours, but really, you probably have an idea of what time it should be for the first hour or two after you have entered darkness anyway, so that isn't all that impressive--it is much later into the night or the darkness that the real value of tritium shines through (for as many hours, days, weeks, months or years that you are in the dark).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here today, here tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    I agree--Superluminova of course works for a few hours, but really, you probably have an idea of what time it should be for the first hour or two after you have entered darkness anyway, so that isn't all that impressive--it is much later into the night or the darkness that the real value of tritium shines through (for as many hours, days, weeks, months or years that you are in the dark).
    Great explanation and a nice chart @timefleas.

Which are brighter, Ball watches marked with "T25" or simply just "T"?

Quote Originally Posted by Bizcut1 View Post
    It will keep glowing.

The reason you think super luminova is intense is because you only see it for the first ten minutes. Leave the two watches on the counter and check back in 5 hours’ time.

My wife’s Ball Watch is nearly 10 years old and it still glows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information