Broken trainmaster world time chrono

Thread: Broken trainmaster world time chrono

Ball watch start and stopped was told by AD that is was dropped don't remember dropping it. It did fall off the arm of the couch about two feet onto a carpeted floor. I was under the impression that they are tough watches oh well told it might be three months before I get it back probably will be my last ball watch purchase.

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Sorry to hear this. I really can't say anything other than ask on what premises is the AD determining the watch was damaged because it was dropped? Since they would most likely not open the watch, it would need to be showing external damage for them to say this? Otherwise I would send it to Ball for warranty work myself. While Trainmaster's are probably the least rugged Ball watches I'm not certain if the fall you described even directly on the pushers would break something? Since we really don't have all the details, or post incident photos, unless there is more you can add I will close the thread in a day since there is very little we can say without more info.
    Last edited by samanator; March 20th, 2014 at 23:11.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Re: Broken trainmaster world time chrono

The AD has a in house watch maker also told they could fix it 150 bucks to straighten out the hands that say are bent. I don't have any pics but I did opt to have it sent to ball for fear that this could become a warranty issue. The watch kept impeccable time + 3 seconds every day. I also have a moonglow blue dial I have for seven years a not a moments trouble also thanks for the reply

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You're not telling us the whole story. Hands do not bend in and of themselves--they need major force applied to them, and usually the case would prevent the hands from ever even being touched, even in a pretty severe drop. Of course problems do happen to the best of watches, but the present situation doesn't provide much grounds for Ball bashing. I do think it would serve everyone's best interests to close this thread unless a better account of events was available.

I can see that these threads can become argumentative as for bashing ball I don't feel I was bashing the product as much as I am disappointed. I really am Leery about the hands being bent and it is being sent back to ball

You simply did not provide enough useful information for us to understand your situation, much less be able to sympathize with you. Did you buy the watch new, and is it under warranty? Have you worn it one day, one month, one year, or?

First you say the watch stopped, and then you add that the hands are bent... Pictures of course would be very helpful in illustrating your plight. You gave us very little to work with--the replies speak more to this fact than anything else. It sounds like you want to complain about your watch, and perhaps your complaint is legitimate, but based on your brief statements, you raise more questions than anything else, and you do not support your claims with clear information or evidence. We aren't arguing, we are just reacting to the limited information you have provided. If your claim is warranted, provide useful support, and from that, you will likely receive more constructive responses.

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

I totally agree with Peter that we're missing details here. I've had over 30 Ball watches and I believe Peter is approaching 50 over the years. If you look with a loop you will see Ball uses collared hands which are multiple times more rigid than what most others use. So to have hands bent and miss aligned it is going to take a shock many times above what you are indicating. If I read into what Peter is says and again I agree based on our experience this watch has experience a reasonably hard hit to cause this. Additionally it is not clear if this was a preexisting condition or post purchase from an AD. Given the little additional information you have provided I believe the AD was trying their best to help you in the most cost effective manner, given the damage would be viewed as being outside the scope of what the warranty would cover. Their actions indicate the belief that the watch has experienced more than falling a few feet from the arm of a couch onto a carpeted floor. Since they have actually seen the watch they are at a much greater advantage then we are.

When you make a statement like "I was under the impression that they are tough watches" on a brand forum it will be construed as bashing given the circumstances. Since this thread can only go down a bad path I have decided to close it.
    Last edited by samanator; March 21st, 2014 at 14:43.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Thread Information