Chance to Buy New Discontinued Trainmaster GMT with Power Reserve - Anyone know this watch???
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Chance to Buy New Discontinued Trainmaster GMT with Power Reserve - Anyone know this watch???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Chance to Buy New Discontinued Trainmaster GMT with Power Reserve - Anyone know this watch???

I shopped through 2 Ball ADs today and was drawn to a particular watch that after multiple side by side comparisons really spoke to me with its substantial detail on the dial, beautiful case design and unique combination of complications. Of course I wanted to do some research on this upon returning home and was surprised to learn that this is an older model that apparently was a limited production run.

The available watch is brand new...sounds like an intersting opportunity perhaps.

Is anyone familiar with this watch and its history? Anyone own one and have an opinion on its merits?

I like trying to find hard to find things and I think I accidently may have found something I didn't even know I was looking for.

Thank you for your input!

Name:  img10613813825.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  33.0 KBName:  img10613813826.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  69.4 KB

Re: Chance to Buy New Discontinued Trainmaster GMT with Power Reserve - Anyone know this watch???

Get it!

I'm certainly on the verge of doing so and appreciate the encouragement.

Does your enthusiasm mean this is a "special"-ish piece and opportunity or are you just in a great mood today and love all Ball watches? 😊

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Here's a bad phone pic of it on my wrist.
    It's kind of awesome aesthetically to my eye.

Last edited by chuckaroo; September 17th, 2014 at 22:18.
    elusious likes this.

Re: Chance to Buy New Discontinued Trainmaster GMT with Power Reserve - Anyone know this watch???

Get it because all 1st gen models like the one you're looking at are no longer produced. The designs are pretty radical and I don't think ball will take that chance again.. I too just picked up 2 older 1st gen models from ball a em2 divers all black with black rotating bezel model dm1020a saj bkwh and a fireman series ionosphere chronograph.. Both are the last in ball USA inventory... They will be sought after once gone... Not that I will ever get my money back or see watches in general as a investment.. They are not. I just like them... The design.

One of those watches you don't know whether to like it or not. It's daring in design and quirkiness.

OTOH, I wouldn't want to carry that around with me after purchase...do I like it or not. Too risky for me, that's all.
    "Can we bless or at least not curse whatever struggles to stay alive on this planet of struggles?"

"To live and to die in gratefulness if in no other virtue."

-Galway Kinnell

I don't have any useful info to add to this topic, but I wanted to say I think that watch looks both classy and sporty. In short- looks great :D

I agree. I enjoy the look.

That is my grail Ball!
    Follow me on Instagram: ten13th
    My watch collection: A mixture of metal, plastic, leather, glass, a few drops of lubricant and a few batteries.

Love it! If you have the means do it. It's hard to find a watch that speaks to you. I love the power reserve and the GMT is very legible. The stitching and color of the band work well with this watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information