Considering a NATO for my new EHC Spacemaster...
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By timefleas

Thread: Considering a NATO for my new EHC Spacemaster...

Considering a NATO for my new EHC Spacemaster...

but it seems the standard width is either 20 or 22mm. From what I understand the lug width on this watch is 21mm, I don't have my calipers in front of me, but if that is so, then do I try and squeeze a 22mm in? Finally, how does the double spring bar arrangement affect the installation and fit of these bands? Thanks.

Re: Considering a NATO for my new EHC Spacemaster...

Quote Originally Posted by apf65 View Post
    but it seems the standard width is either 20 or 22mm. From what I understand the lug width on this watch is 21mm, I don't have my calipers in front of me, but if that is so, then do I try and squeeze a 22mm in? Finally, how does the double spring bar arrangement affect the installation and fit of these bands? Thanks.
    I've number of Ball watches with 21mm, in all cases 22mm strap works just fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram: ten13th
    My watch collection: A mixture of metal, plastic, leather, glass, a few drops of lubricant and a few batteries.

Ditto the 22mm on the 21mm lug width--you won't notice any perceptible difference.

Not really sure of a Nato on the Spacemaster though--that watch is definitely great on steel, good on rubber, and personally I wouldn't even bother with anything else--think the head is too big (chunky and tall) to carry off a Nato.
    sukispop likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the info guys. Currently it's on the factory bracelet, which I really like. I do get what you are saying about it being top heavy timefleas, but for 15.00 I thought a blue with white stripe would go nicely with my white dialed Spacemaster. Any issues with the dual spring bars I should be aware of? Thanks.
    Last edited by apf65; July 30th, 2014 at 14:27.

21 mm NATOs are available from Crown and Buckle

Only use the outer bars

[QUOTE Only use the outer bars[/QUOTE]
    thanks tc

Just an update fellas. I went with a 22mm white and blue NATO, and used both sets of bars, more for security than anything else, plus I didn't want to misplace them...
    Although I was wearing the factory bracelet, which I still like, I like changing it up from time to time. I don't believe the watch overpowers the band.
    Name:  IMG_1965_zps22d85fb0.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  104.2 KB
    Last edited by apf65; August 15th, 2014 at 23:43.

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Many brands have Leather Nato now so that may also be a option. I've gotten some straps for Crown and Buckle and have been very happy with them.

As a note they are screws not spring bars and you'll need two screwdrivers to remove them.

Generally, I'm not a big Nato fan, but some of the recently released watches on Nato straps has changed my view some. I do like the setup on the 45 Anniversary Apollo 11 Speedy Moon watch, but not the stripped one on the Tudor chronograph.
    Last edited by samanator; August 16th, 2014 at 22:42.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Thanks samanator, I picked up a nice used set of Facom screw drivers which got the job done easily. I was concerned about stripping the screws or worse, scaring the case, but neither was an issue. I consider myself lucky. Btw, anyone know where I can pick up a spare set of screws? I don't want to wait until I've lost one, which seems easy enough to do. Also looking for a nice blue croc/leather band with clasp for those dressy occasions. Thanks.
    Last edited by apf65; August 16th, 2014 at 01:48.

Thread Information