Custom made BALL

Thread: Custom made BALL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Custom made BALL

I was just wondering if BALL would customize a watch for people ie. change dial design, BALL logos second hand and etc. If people are will to pay a premiun for the service. They done it before for dealer in Taiwan and dubai. How about individual customers...

Re: Custom made BALL

So Mr JH or JH,

Is it possible for customer to specially request BALL watch to custom make a dial for Aviator that has a triangle instead of "12"?

Banned

It just takes money....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well if money is within Budget of SG$100 to 400 to change the dial "12" of the aviator to the triangle, i am jolly fine with it. hehehehe

One more additional question, could i request to custom add rivet to the night train red/orange stitch calf strap or change the stitch on the original white stitch on Aviator calf strap to red/orange?

Good point Ice.

From the TRIESTE, I would like these "small numerals" fitted for my NT or potential Aviator dial.

And the h3 tubed small hand (in blue not red/yellow) for my small seconds BoLE dial. :thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned

$100 to $400 is a bar tab for myself and my good friend, Mr. Hess...

If you want a custom dial, be ready for "one of a kind" prices...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonBallDealer View Post
    $100 to $400 is a bar tab for myself and my good friend, Mr. Hess...

If you want a custom dial, be ready for "one of a kind" prices...
    Well, can you give an example (ball park) of what those one-of-a-kind prices might be? Say I buy a new piece, and the only thing I want different is to have the tube colors different from the stock colors - everything else would be the same. Actually, since it is being customized anyway, add to the scenario going with T100 tubes instead of T25 (if that is possible). Using USD as a reference (or just go with Ice's SGD and I'll do the conversion), is that cost going to be hundreds? Thousands? I'd consider funding a few bar tabs for customizing, but obviously there is a limit. I guess I didn't consider this to be even a possibility, but it sounds like perhaps it is, if the price is right?

Regards,
    -Jeff
    Trivia question of the month:
    The history of the Baselworld Watch and Jewellery Show dates back to what year, when there was established the first Schweizer Mustermesse Basel (MUBA) with a special section devoted to watches and jewellery?
    ~Click on my profile and look under my biography for the answer.
    Quote of the month:
    "Give me the perfect oil and I'll make the perfect watch."
    ~ Abraham-Louis Breguet

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonBallDealer View Post
    $100 to $400 is a bar tab for myself and my good friend, Mr. Hess.....
    WHOA!....room for one more?

I think $400 SGD is roughly about $250 usd?

Anyways, back on subject.

NORMAL TUBE REPLACEMENT

When I read this response from Jeremy, I tend to translate a small additional expense for tube replacement as equivalent to a few hundred in my mind. Not higher than $300 though. As my NT new is $1400 and depreciating over the years. I've seen some on the grey market for $800.

If the "Normal" tube replacement cost comes anywhere near say $300. I have a feeling that this may be a negative reation for future owners. Take overall cost for the watch and factor in that it's going to cost 20% of the original cost to replace a Night Train tubes. It may be a hard pill to swallow on that subject.

CUSTOM REQUEST

IF Custom request is sought when they begin replacing the first batch of tubes in the next decade (Blue versus green colour etc...or whatever is available by MB Microtec Illumination in the year 2020). I can see this small additional cost rising way above $500 range. Although, I've heard of others buying straight from MB back in the day and customizing their own dials.

Response to TUBE replacement below.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=83097

Re: Ball Service Policy
    We will offer tube replacement as an option with regular maintenance. It is a minor procedure that does not even require replacing or otherwise modifying the dial.

Since we have not had to replace any tubes yet, we have not set pricing for this service. However, it will be a small additional expense.

We will of course replace the tubes if there is a warranty claim during the initial manufacturers' warranty period. The tubes are guaranteed for the extent of the original manufacturer's warranty.

We expect them to last for up to 25 years, at which time they will have dimmed about 75%.

Quote:
    Not sure about case and bracelet refinishing. I do know that Ball Watch USA has an inhouse watchmaker on site. They are not like Rolex, where they make you refinish the case and bracelet for any service. You probably can request it though.
    We are happy to offer the service of bracelet & case refinishing during routine maintenance. We will request approval before making any changes to a customer's watch.

This is basic international policy.

Regards,
    Jeremy Hogan
    Ball Watch Company

July 08 Newsletter: New World Record for Guillaume Néry, Diver GMT, Aviator
    Baselworld 2008 Newsletter: Guillaume Néry, Trieste Chronograph, Moonlight Special
    Click to view the BALL Engineer Master II Diver TMT.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information