Diver's clasp for Deep Quest?

Thread: Diver's clasp for Deep Quest?

I have been pondering this situation for a while, and wanted to put it out there to those more familiar with the brand and possible options. Here is my question:

*** Is there a diver's clasp that is being used on another version (past or present) that could be fitted as a replacement to the bracelet of the Deep Quest?

The butterfly deploy clasp that is standard is very nice, but there are several things that would make the overall package perfect. First, I have a difficult time getting a perfect fit (IMO) using only a combination of whole and half links, and second, to have the security of a fliplock diver clasp for a variety of water based activities, including diving.

So, does Ball has a production clasp that is available? Thoughts? Ideas?

Re: Diver's clasp for Deep Quest?

The only flip lock clasp was on the MadCow, not sure about the width.

That said, I don't understand the quibble with the EHC clasp (other than lack of micro-adjust). It is VERY secure, and the dual sided divers extension is really great. This year in Fiji, I was using one side as a "tropical" extension.

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

The MC clasp is 21 mm since the bracelet has no taper. The DQ clasp is 18 mm with the taper. So no. You have to change the whole bracelet and have the end links drilled to fit the MC setup. Note that the DQ clasp has been tested to be one of the strongest made.
    Last edited by samanator; May 18th, 2014 at 22:19.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I too have wondered if my X-lume could be retrofit with a divers style clasp as I do not feel secure with the clasp provided, regardless of how secure it may actually be. I trust it so little that the x-lume has shifted from a dive/sport watch to an everyday in my categorical collection.

Does anyone know if I can make the change on my x-lume? I guess I can call Ball, but if anyone knows, I'd appreciate the input.

I know that the tapered bracelet is a matter of personal preference, as has been expressed by a number of members here. I happen to like the the tapered bracelet as it makes the watch feel less toolish and is a bit classier IMO. I would, however, be interested in what it would cost for the Mad Cow bracelet and mod (drilling, fitting, etc) as an option if a clasp is not available. The micro adjustments would be more than a welcome addition in getting the fit I prefer (My preference is wearing them snug on wrist).

Anyone know the cost for making the switch? I have read that Topper's can and/or has done the swap for several DQ owners in the past.
    Last edited by iceman64; May 19th, 2014 at 04:19.

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Seems calling Toppers is you best solution. They will know the price.

The X-Lume may be a direct fit for the MC bracelet without drilling.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    I too have wondered if my X-lume could be retrofit with a divers style clasp as I do not feel secure with the clasp provided, regardless of how secure it may actually be. I trust it so little that the x-lume has shifted from a dive/sport watch to an everyday in my categorical collection.

Does anyone know if I can make the change on my x-lume? I guess I can call Ball, but if anyone knows, I'd appreciate the input.
    Both buttons on that clasp design have to be depressed for that buckle to open. Not sure why you are so nervous...... I love the security of my X Lume. Not to mention eight screws!, (not spring bars).

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thread Information