Do all Ball watches meet the NRC standards, or do only USA-bound watches meet them?

Thread: Do all Ball watches meet the NRC standards, or do only USA-bound watches meet them?

Do all Ball watches meet the NRC standards, or do only USA-bound watches meet them?

I ask because I've read Ball literature, including someone's interview with Jeff Hess, that Ball went to great effort to build its watches to meet NRC's stringent standards and then expended even more resources to secure NRC approval. What I read went on to say that all US watches meet these standards. So are all Ball watches made to the NRC standard, or only those in the US market?

This is an important factor in deciding whether to buy here in the US or wait until I go abroad in October (where I can get a much better price).

Rob

Re: Do all Ball watches meet the NRC standards, or do only USA-bound watches meet them?

Initially, Ball Watch USA was only allowed to import 25 milicurie watches into the US as the NRC believed was the max. Earlier in the year Ball Watch sent Ball Watch USA 100 milicurie watches by accident, and Ball Watch USA sucessfully argued that the NRC is inaccurately interpreting their own regulations. The NRC agreed and now Ball Watch USA can bring 100 milicurie watches into the US. So now you can get all of Ball Watch Switzerland watches in the US market.

Re: Do all Ball watches meet the NRC standards, or do only USA-bound watches meet them?

Thanks Warren!

Rob

Thread Information