Engineer Hydrocarbon Airborne II preorder

12K views 40 replies 14 participants last post by  HKwatchlover 
#1 ·
See less See more
#4 ·
Watch SpecificationsMovement
▷ Automatic caliber BALL RR1102-SL.
▷ Chronometer certified COSC.
▷ SpringLOCK patented hairspring anti-shock systemSize (case)
▷ Ø 42mm, height 13.85mmWater Resistance
▷ 120m / 390ftAnti-Magnetism
▷ 4,800 A/mMicro gas tubes
▷ 24 micro gas tubes on hour and minute hands and dial for night reading capabilityFunctions
▷ Hours, minutes, sweep seconds, day and date.
▷ 5,000Gs shock resistanceCase Material
▷ Stainless steel.
▷ Ceramic unidirectional rotating bezel illuminated by Super LumiNovaCrown
▷ Patented crown protection systemCrystal
▷ Anti-reflective sapphire crystalDial Color
▷ BlackBracelet
▷ Tapered stainless steel bracelet with patented folding buckle and extension systemLug Width
▷ 21mm

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
SPECIAL, ULTRA-TOUGH PROTECTION.
BUILT FOR SPECIAL OPS.

“These Things We Do, That.Others May.Live.” The motto of the U.S. Air Force Pararescue team is inspiring, bold and not to be taken lightly. Built per the specs of this elite unit, the new.Engineer Hydrocarbon Airborne II.is rugged and ready with 1mm high micro gas tubes, our robust SpringLOCK system and our ultra-tough patented buckle.

Limited to 1,000 pieces, the Airborne II is now available at an exclusive pre-order price starting from USD 1,699* until 15 November 2017.

#7 ·
This is the only new preorder at the moment. The listed 24 tubes at the specs seems wrong since 1mm tubes are mentioned, presumably for the second markers.

It's basically a rehash of the Engineer III King on the Engineer Hydrocarbon series.

Was eyeing the auctions, but decided to pull the trigger for this since I like the lume.. pressed all the right buttons for me and I had missed out on the Engineer III King earlier.

A blind buy since have yet to see any picture of caseback. Interestingly can engrave up to 17 characters instead of usual 13.

This will be interesting to me since I had some form of paramedic training in my previous life... Though still very far from "pararescue".

Got LE #1 :)

#9 ·
This is the only new preorder at the moment. The listed 24 tubes at the specs seems wrong since 1mm tubes are mentioned, presumably for the second markers.

It's basically a rehash of the Engineer III King on the Engineer Hydrocarbon series.

Was eyeing the auctions, but decided to pull the trigger for this since I like the lume.. pressed all the right buttons for me and I had missed out on the Engineer III King earlier.

A blind buy since have yet to see any picture of caseback. Interestingly can engrave up to 17 characters instead of usual 13.

This will be interesting to me since I had some form of paramedic training in my previous life... Though still very far from "pararescue".

Got LE #1 :)

What color did you get out of curiosity? The blue is really making me take a second look, even though I can't afford it.

#22 ·
Very nice, this might be just the Ball I've been waiting for. I'm curious for anyone who has purchased one of Ball's watches with the pre-order discount... can you later on resell it for more than the discounted price? Because of the huge preorder discount, even if you later sold it at a 30% discount to retail, that would still be higher than the preorder price... just asking as that would give me some comfort to ordering this online without having handled the watch. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#24 ·
Very nice, this might be just the Ball I've been waiting for. I'm curious for anyone who has purchased one of Ball's watches with the pre-order discount... can you later on resell it for more than the discounted price? Because of the huge preorder discount, even if you later sold it at a 30% discount to retail, that would still be higher than the preorder price... just asking as that would give me some comfort to ordering this online without having handled the watch. Thanks

While no one can fully know the future most people shopping Ball will know this is the new retail price ( the preorder price). So expect preowned prices to be 35-40% less than the preorder price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Karkarov
#36 ·
Here's mine which arrived last week:

I love the watch, but I have 2 minor gripes which I am curious if other owners have as well:

First of all, my bezel is ever so slightly loose. By that I mean if I wiggle it, there is a tiny amount of space between the bezel and case and it is not a completely tight fit. I contacted Ball about this and was told this was normal, and all the watches in this batch are like this.

Secondly, the case back has a circle with a very sharp edge. Few days ago I was wearing the watch fairly tightly on my wrist, and at one point when the watch was near the edge of my wrist I bent my wrist down and the sharp edge dug painfully into the top of my wrist. I had to loosen the strap to avoid this. Not sure why they made the edge so sharp but I wonder if anyone else has this problem?

#38 ·
I dont have the bezel wiggle problem.

Totally agree the caseback edge is sharp. Not to the point of cutting skin.

So let it be written. So let it be done.
I figured it was BS when they told me this was normal. I have lots of dive watches and not even my cheap seikos have loose bezels. Their technician told me "this is a moving part so some looseness is normal", and I tried frustratingly to explain how this can't be possible. In the end, they invited me to their office to inspect all the other watches in this batch, which they claimed all were the same.

Ultimately I decided it was minor enough of a problem not to pursue, because if I insisted they would probably have to send the watch back to Europe and I really want to wear it! But I do have to say this is my first Ball and the bezel, and the lack of attention to the sharp caseback potentially causing discomfort, was a little disappointing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.