Engineer hydrocarbon bezel can't be replace? - Page 4
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Engineer hydrocarbon bezel can't be replace?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Re: Engineer hydrocarbon bezel can't be replace?

Yeah the watches are nice but customer service is a joke. When I swapped out my strap on my Spacemaster, I lost one of the proprietary screw pins. I then called Ball USA. A nice lady actually answered the phone. She asked for my email so that she can send the parts replacement order from. I read nothing but horror stories about Ball customer service. I thought to myself "that wasn't so bad". Never got an email. I called a few weeks later. Same thing. Well a year later and I'm still missing one pin. Heaven forbid that you have a real problem with the watch! I can't even get a spring bar screw from them. Such a shame, as the watches are real gems.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

After 8 weeks waiting to hear back from Ball Watch's St. Petersburg, Florida customer service (due to my missing bezel replacement), I was given an estimate of $179 for the bezel and $100 to put it back on. They estimated 10 weeks for repair.

I suppose this is reasonable for a Swiss watch--about the same turnaround time as my Breitling Navitimer. I told Ball to move forward. Their Rep was overly friendly and courteous. I'll follow up as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Elmassian View Post
    OK, old thread, same issue..

Ball Engineero Hydrocarbon NEDU.

Sitting in house and notice something lying on carpet, it's my bezel! Just fell off.... looks like it was glued to the rotating ring. Not real impressive for a new $5,000 watch.

Will find out today about repairs, and report back.

Greg
    OK they glued it back on, and today, 9 months later it came off with a light tap. Not impressed with a $5,000 watch that has a $5 bezel attachment. Looks like I will glue it myself, the residual glue looks yellowed, so I'm sure I have find a quality epoxy myself that is at least as crappy....

Will also give Ball a piece of my mind... A 600 meter divers watch cannot be fragile...

Greg

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Is it normal to glue bezels? I thought they snapped in. Do these bezels rotate or are they fixed?

The bezel rotates on this watch. It's glued in. (usually until the glue fails)

I never have to worry about this issue anymore given my NEDU was stolen a month and a half ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Greg. I'm in Australia too, and similar issue - 3 times the bezel has fallen off. Pathetic. I'm wondering how you glued it on in the end? Phil

Very careful and thorough cleaning of the rotating part, clean all the crevices of the receiving area. Then got the best epoxy I could. Then used a PVC plastic pipe fitting with a diameter that pressed on the bezel and left in a vice 24 hours....

When it came off this time, I could see that the application of the glue was spotty, and a greyish color... I suspect it was not clamped after gluing.

Epoxy glue must be clamped during curing for maximum adhesion. I used a JB Weld product, not sure it is in Australia, but got a glue with a very high shear strength.

Greg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information