Engineer hydrocarbon bezel can't be replace?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Engineer hydrocarbon bezel can't be replace?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Engineer hydrocarbon bezel can't be replace?

Greetings to everyone.
    Learn that from local Ball watch technician that the bezel of the engineer hydrocarbon titanium "mad cow" can't be replaced if damaged. For example, if its knocked hard until the bezel is jammed, there's no way to fix it unless changing the whole case. Because the bezel and the case come in one piece.
    Can anyone confirm this?
    Thanks.

Re: Engineer hydrocarbon bezel can't be replace?

I am pretty sure Ball Watch is going to be the only ones that can confirm or deny this. I think if you email them, or PM Jeremy he should get you a response rather quickly.

Not to be nit picky, but I am at a loss if a Ball Watch technician would state something, why you would question it on an non-official forum in the 1st place? How could a member here possibly be able to answer that?

Quote Originally Posted by obie View Post
    I am pretty sure Ball Watch is going to be the only ones that can confirm or deny this. I think if you email them, or PM Jeremy he should get you a response rather quickly.

Not to be nit picky, but I am at a loss if a Ball Watch technician would state something, why you would question it on an non-official forum in the 1st place? How could a member here possibly be able to answer that?
    I think it is a fair question. This is a ball forum and if he has a question or concern about his watch, why not ask here? Perhaps someone here has had a similar experience and can confirm or contradict the technician... especially when the information offered by the technician is curious.

I find that in most cases, an issue with a watch is not unique, and usually another forumer has had the same issue and can offer advice or knowledge, many times faster than waiting for an official email response.

I agree that he should also follow up with an email to Ball directly.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I understand, but the poster indicated that a local Ball Watch Technician, which I take as an employee of Ball Watch Company. From his post, it seems that Ball Watch already answered it.

Quote Originally Posted by obie View Post
    I understand, but the poster indicated that a local Ball Watch Technician, which I take as an employee of Ball Watch Company. From his post, it seems that Ball Watch already answered it.
    Good point. I'm pretty sure if I received that answer from a Ball technician, as odd as it sounds, I would have seeked a second opinion as well.

Curious to hear the official word on this one... or maybe we already have.

Got to agree with Mark on this one Warren. Just because one "factory Ball technician" said it was so doesn't mean he is right. I would check with the factory so I knew 100% but I also would have posed the question here as well. As Mark said, maybe another forum member had the same issue and got the answer.

I believe there is no such thing as a stupid question, just people who ask them!

In this case, I believe both were valid and worth asking..

Just MY opinion.

Cheers,

David
    DOXA-AFICIONADO
    Doxa 600 T-Graph Pro & Searambler Doxa 300T Seahunter
    PRS2- Dreadnought, LeJour(Heuer) Pasadena,
    Rolex Submariner, Daytona, SS GMT & YG GMT
    Hamilton Khaki Action Chrono
    Omega Seamaster's 2254.50, 2589.30 & 2538.20
    Zenith Defy Classic Chrono
    Eterna Super Kontiki LE Chrono And a few other's!

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues. "
    Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865

Quote Originally Posted by Doxa600TDiver View Post
    Got to agree with Mark on this one Warren. Just because one "factory Ball technician" said it was so doesn't mean he is right. I would check with the factory so I knew 100% but I also would have posed the question here as well. As Mark said, maybe another forum member had the same issue and got the answer.

I believe there is no such thing as a stupid question, just people who ask them!

In this case, I believe both were valid and worth asking..

Just MY opinion.

Cheers,

David
    -----------------

Some good points are made here.

I will check with the factory in the A.M.

But the point is kind of moot anyway.

IF there is a legitimate problem with a watch (rare) our replacement policy is legendary.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jhess View Post
    -----------------

Some good points are made here.

I will check with the factory in the A.M.

But the point is kind of moot anyway.

IF there is a legitimate problem with a watch (rare) our replacement policy is legendary.

Jeff

Just came back from my holiday. I didn't expect my question has create some commotion after posting it.
    Appreciate all your time replying my question. I will also send an email to Ball Watch Company and post it when I got the reply from them.

Cheers

I'm waiting on jhess to reply, "Don't you know who I am?"

Cheers,
    Gerry

Ball Hydrocarbon GMT I, Citizen Navihawk, Casio PAW1300-3V, IWC Aquatimer Chronograph, Rolex GMT-Master II, O&W ID3066, Seiko AGS Flightmaster, Baume & Mercier World Timer, Zenith Stratos Striking Tenth Felix Baumgartner

The bezel can be replaced separately from the case.

But if there were to be a severe enough shock, it is theoretically possible for the bezel & case to be inseparable. I suppose that is what the Ball tech was talking about. I've never heard of that happening though.

Regards,
    Jeremy Hogan
    Ball Watch Company

...needs to update his signature line.
    July 08 Newsletter: New World Record for Guillaume Néry, Diver GMT, Aviator
    Baselworld 2008 Newsletter: Guillaume Néry, Trieste Chronograph, Moonlight Special
    Click to view the BALL Engineer Master II Diver TMT.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information