The Engineer Hydrocarbon Hunley Launch along with the return of models with the watch

Thread: The Engineer Hydrocarbon Hunley Launch along with the return of models with the watch

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

The Engineer Hydrocarbon Hunley Launch along with the return of models with the watch

In the past 4 or 5 years SE models of Ball watches have gone away from having the models of the object of their influence that earlier SE's had. That changes with the EHC Hunley:
    BALL Watch Newsletter - EH_Hunley

I think this came out better looking in the final version and like the white/silver track ring with the red 60. I also love the hatch mechanism for the amortizer and the even greater depth rating of 200m (50m more than the Orbital). The only question I have is why the lack of a tube on the second hand? Seems out of place on a rugged watch? Well I guess I have a second question, why amortizer on a watch dedicated to a submarine? Seems more fitting on a pilot style watch? This is actually more limited than all past LE at 500 pieces.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Re: The Engineer Hydrocarbon Hunley Launch along with the return of models with the watch

Anyone else notice that the "6" is not inline with the "12" when viewing the night picture? It looks like it's slightly tilted off center to me. Also, in the night picture, it appears as though the "12" is larger than the rest of the Arabic numerals. The tubes on the "12" also look fatter than the rest of the dials Arabic tubes. In my eyes it looks as though the tubes on the "6" are much skinnier than all the rest of the Arabic tubes.

No tubes on the second hand? Really? What was Ball thinking when they omitted that?

Re: The Engineer Hydrocarbon Hunley Launch along with the return of models with the watch

Quote Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
    No tubes on the second hand? Really? What was Ball thinking when they omitted that?
    Actually, I really like the thin graceful non-lumed second hand on my Fireman 43

Thread Information