Engineer II Marvelight questions re: wearability (Ball newbie)
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By KoenVw

Thread: Engineer II Marvelight questions re: wearability (Ball newbie)

Engineer II Marvelight questions re: wearability (Ball newbie)

Hi all,

I am seriously considering the purchase of a Ball Engineer II Marvelight, black dial (NM2026C-SJ6-BK), and have some "wearability" questions for folks in the know. (I've attempted to find the answers to these questions using searches on WUS, and via google, but have come up a tad under informed.)

So, this watch will be in a two watch rotation consisting of: 1) the Ball; and 2) a smartwatch used with a BT heart monitor in the gym and for very hard use wear. My attire ranges from t-shirts, polos with jeans, khakis, climbing/tactical/utility pants; to Brooks Brothers dress shirts with khakis/nice jeans in a business casual office environment; to full on business suits roughly five times per year. With that in mind, to my first question:

1) Too much bling for what is predominantly more casual attire? I have also considered a Rolex Explorer / Explorer II; and the Tudor Black Bay 41. I like them all, but they are more money than I wish to spend at this time, especially for a watch that will not be a safe queen by any means. The clean bold design of the Engineer II and the Ball USA history are a big attraction, but is there too much bling ? I would wear the Ball on both the bracelet and a rubber strap. I would appreciate some input.

2) Weight: can anyone give me the watch weight on the bracelet? (40mm model).

3) The shirt cuff. At 13.15mm (I presume this is the peak of the cyclops....), will it fit under a dress shirt cuff without much hassle? My cuffs are not particularly tight, but I do not want to fuss with the watch and the cuff.

4) Wrist size: I am a flat top 6.75" wrist and do not like top heavy monster watches. I am thinking this watch is well within the "likely to be comfortable" range at 40mm diameter and a lug to lug well under 50mm. Any input from someone with my approximate wrist size would be much appreciated.

Thanks to all in advance for any review/input.

- Regards to all
    Last edited by Mawgie; June 24th, 2019 at 12:02.

Re: Engineer II Marvelight questions re: wearability (Ball newbie)

I can't comment on that exact watch, but I have owned a number of Ball watches over the years, so here goes my 2 cents worth-

First, Ball watches are an excellent value for the $$$. Very well engineered, great quality materials, a most excellent watch that gets overlooked in the Omega, Rolex, whatever hype, IMHO.

Because of the case design the lugs, it should fit just fine on your wrist.

It should not be top heavy as Ball cases tend to hug the wrist well. I have the same 6.75" size as you.

As stated above, it is a sold watch and will have some feel/weight on the wrist. It is not an Apple watch.....

I would guess with the bracelet it should weight around 150+ grams, give or take.

I don't like heavy watches either, and I have never felt that wearing a Ball watch.

I know it is on my wrist, but it feels good and comfy.

For the price I think you will find the build quality on par with the other examples you listed, IMHO.

The best part besides having a great watch, is having a great watch that almost no one knows about.

And the tritium tubes are mega-fun to look at.

Timefleas is the all-knowledge Ball expert here, so hopefully he will chime in with his input.

Good luck.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

I have the same watch and it a Good all rounder.

Suit = ok
    Shorts = ok

Best value for the money.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Laso1 and Hotblack Desiato like this.
    Watching a nice watch give me watch-fever !

*Montblanc Nicolas Rieussec GMT
    *Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39mm Blue dial
    *Ball Fireman storm chaser PRO
    *Ball Engineer II Marvelight
    *Ball Engineer II Navigator

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

And this one is also good for all rounder...

Ball Engineer II Navigator
    Attached Images Attached Images

Watching a nice watch give me watch-fever !

*Montblanc Nicolas Rieussec GMT
    *Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39mm Blue dial
    *Ball Fireman storm chaser PRO
    *Ball Engineer II Marvelight
    *Ball Engineer II Navigator

Thanks very much for the input, guys. Most appreciated.

Great! Please post some wrist shots when you get your watch and we can welcome you properly into the Ball Watch family

When were the tubes chaged from mostly blue to mostly green?

It seems that Ball chooses to change from blue tubes to green tubes within the same model often, i.e., original Night Train.

Thread Information