Engineer Master II Diver COSC: Bezel Adjustment: Confused

Thread: Engineer Master II Diver COSC: Bezel Adjustment: Confused

Engineer Master II Diver COSC: Bezel Adjustment: Confused

Hi,

I just received my new watch and its fabulous! I am however, confused on the operation of the inner rotating bezel. The manual, which is "general" Ball watch manual to cover all ball watches suggests that the bezel crown needs to be unscrewed to adjust the inner bezel. This is NOT what I am finding with the operation of the watch.

If you turn the crown clockwise, it rotates the inner bezel with distinct detents that can be felt as the inner bezel rotates counter clockwise around the face. When you try to rotate the crown counter clockwise you can feel as if you are turning against a hard stop so I did not try too hard. Have they changed the operation of this control so it is sealed withour screwing down the crown? I am a diver, so as you can imagine, I do not want to find out the answer "the hard way"...

Help Appreciated!

Bob
    Last edited by iim7v7im7; December 24th, 2008 at 00:34.

Re: Engineer Master II Diver COSC: Bezel Adjustment: Confused

I am sure they changed the operation which is a very nice improvement. I have both the COSC Diver and GMT Diver. My GMT works as you describe. Without unscrewing the crown you turn the crown clockwise and the inner bezel rotates counter-clockwise.

My COSC crown has to be unscrewed in order to rotate the internal bezel and the bezel will rotate clockwise or counter-clockwise. The crown then has to be screwed down in order to lock the bezel in place and make the watch water tight as well. The GMT is much more functional for real-world diving as it can be adjusted without having to unscrew the crown.

Very nice improvement Ball!!!!!
    Because nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational poster about being a winner.

Thanks for your reply. It is very convenient in its design this way. I wonder how they achieve the seal to withstand 30 ATM?

Quote Originally Posted by jcoat007 View Post
    I am sure they changed the operation which is a very nice improvement. I have both the COSC Diver and GMT Diver. My GMT works as you describe. Without unscrewing the crown you turn the crown clockwise and the inner bezel rotates counter-clockwise.

My COSC crown has to be unscrewed in order to rotate the internal bezel and the bezel will rotate clockwise or counter-clockwise. The crown then has to be screwed down in order to lock the bezel in place and make the watch water tight as well. The GMT is much more functional for real-world diving as it can be adjusted without having to unscrew the crown.

Very nice improvement Ball!!!!!
    Last edited by iim7v7im7; December 24th, 2008 at 19:34. Reason: Not enough coffee to perform higher math!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi,

I spoke with Ball (USA) this morning regarding the operation of the inner bezel crown and found out that this is a "new" feature for the Diver COSC that has not been promoted. The older Diver COSC operated with a screw down crown to operate the inner bezel. Nice feature to have when preparing for a dive. No worries about crown seal being reseated properly.

Bob

That is awesome!!! I wonder if I can have mine retrofitted?
    Because nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational poster about being a winner.

Thread Information