Engineer Starlight stopping
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Engineer Starlight stopping

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Engineer Starlight stopping

My Engineer Starlight, which i received in Oct of 2019 will not run, or at least i can move the hands or shake it and it will run for a short time then stop, so it is totally unreliable and unusable.. I contacted Ball support and Florine replied back suggesting that I send info to one of three US service centers. I am in E. Texas and the one in Plano is closest, about 120 miles. Has anyone had experience with US Ball service and recommendations. According to Florine I need to send the watch in along with warranty card( if I can locate it). Higradewatchinc in Plano requested that I send pictures of front and back of watch which I did and have not heard back but that has only been a few minutes.

Edit The Plano location responded recommending that I send it to the New York location.
    Last edited by jkingrph; January 7th, 2020 at 17:11.

Re: Engineer Starlight stopping

My two cents.....

I would take their advice and instructions and sent it there if that is what they recommend.

Take good pictures of the front, sides, etc, so you have the actual condition. I usually include a brief written explanation in the box as well for extra support.

Get all the shipping info, wrap it well (I usually take a picture of this as well), and off it goes to Ball in the Big Apple!!

I have used their NY WC center for servicing, etc.

They are good and careful, but not especially fast, so have patience and keep the lines of communication open, but not to the point of overkill.

It takes them some time to make everything correct.

You could consider a good local watchmaker if you have one in your area as another idea.

But I would send it to the pros, if it was mine.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Nokie; January 8th, 2020 at 17:22.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

I forwarded the correspondence to the NY center and have not heard back from them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I wish I could share details about my experience with my first Ball watch. I can't due to some very bizarre circumstances that I am (and I suppose others) would be uncomfortable with. That said, the useful information I have is that Mike Isk, who runs the NY service center "Watch Central" treated me amazingly. He actually wound up completely overhauling a brand new Ball watch that had issues from the factory. Those that should have repaired the issues under warranty did not and he did all the work on his dime and was not compensated by anyone. And he made me this offer on my first phone call to him and it was the first time we ever spoke and my first Ball watch. The reason he gave for his generosity, "It was the right thing to do."

It took nearly 3 months for the repairs but the watch came back perfect and still is today.

Based on this experience I would sat "the right thing to do" is send it to Mike at their NY service center, Watch Central.

Mike if you read this forum, thanks again, class act.
    Dogbert_is_fat likes this.

That is awesome!
    It wasn't this time until now. - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Timezone11 View Post
    I wish I could share details about my experience with my first Ball watch. I can't due to some very bizarre circumstances that I am (and I suppose others) would be uncomfortable with. That said, the useful information I have is that Mike Isk, who runs the NY service center "Watch Central" treated me amazingly. He actually wound up completely overhauling a brand new Ball watch that had issues from the factory. Those that should have repaired the issues under warranty did not and he did all the work on his dime and was not compensated by anyone. And he made me this offer on my first phone call to him and it was the first time we ever spoke and my first Ball watch. The reason he gave for his generosity, "It was the right thing to do."

It took nearly 3 months for the repairs but the watch came back perfect and still is today.

Based on this experience I would sat "the right thing to do" is send it to Mike at their NY service center, Watch Central.

Mike if you read this forum, thanks again, class act.
    Great story! We need to celebrate good service as much as we complain about bad service. Good on you mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert_is_fat View Post
    Great story! We need to celebrate good service as much as we complain about bad service. Good on you mate!
    Well, that was my intent. To help out jkingrpm with some information and reward and spread the word of positive things for those who are worthy of such praise.

Just so it's clear, Watch Central is just one of the authorized repair sites that Ball has sanctioned for warranty claims for its brand. It's independent of Ball Watch and services many others brands. Ball Watch is not the recipient of my praise, or any potential conflict. In the end maybe Ball Watch would have made things right, I'll never know. In this case it's solely Mike and the business he runs that i commend.
    Last edited by Timezone11; January 8th, 2020 at 10:32.
    Dogbert_is_fat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jkingrph View Post
    I forwarded the correspondence to the NY center and have not heard back from them.
    Anxious to hear how it turns out!!!

I am curious as to why the Plano service center, one of the one's recommended by Ball suggested that I send it to NY which is what I did. I actually called the NY center and they told me it would probably be about 3 weeks after they receive it, which will be today as I see by tracking it is now out for delivery. They suggested I send via registered mail, but I sent it insured. Tracking notice popped up as I am typing this and it has been delivered.. I am very happy to hear of the excellent experiences with Watch Central, had I known about them before shipping to Time Innovations, I would have given them a call.

Hopefully you'll here what's going on with the watch before three weeks. I assume the three weeks is the turn around on the repair completion. Good luck!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information