A few thoughts on my new Night Train

Thread: A few thoughts on my new Night Train

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A few thoughts on my new Night Train

First of all WOW nice watch!

Now that's out of the way, a few observations...

First, the straps. YECCH. Call out the shrink for the guy who decided to put that red stiching in. Yikes! Awful. This watch NEEDS a plain black strap. I am going to try a 22mm with white stitches, and I have some 20mm on a deployant I will try, but really, PLAIN BLACK. If the white stitching works, maybe I will order a Fireman strap from my dealer in 21mm, I think they do make that (will need to look at the web site).

OR, PLEASE a DLC/PVD bracelet!! The bracelet from the Fireman 43mm appears to be the proper size, so come on Ball, DLC it for us!

Next, that UTC thing...
    COME ON GUYS, you need a microscope to see the writing! While I think there is a valid point about calling it a UTC when it is not, who cares what it says, you can't read it anyway.

Next, the date window. PLEASE PLEASE in the next version make it white on black to match the watch, and DOUBLE THE SIZE. I can't read the date either!!!

With all of that being said, AWESOME WATCH. You can have mine when you take it out of my cold dead hands (now where have I heard that before)?

Re: A few thoughts on my new Night Train

". . . cold dead hands." Funny you should say that. My Night Train and I went to the range to try out my new Steyr M40-A1 today. The guy behind the counter complimented the NT on NATO. I thought he'd be more interested in the Steyr.

I think you're absolutely right on all points re: straps and hopeful bracelet option. When I saw a prior post of the NT on a brown buffalo Panny-style Ginsler strap, I immediately ordered the same strap in black. I'll post pics when it arrives. If it doesn't work, I'll be ordering the black Fireman strap from my AD.

Rob

Can't win 'em all! I like my stitched band. A lot! But I have seen some seriously cool bands that others put on them. Date window? I see what you mean. WE take all suggestions to heart. So thanks.

jeff

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi scosgt,

Congrats on getting your new Night Train!

It seems to be facing mixed reviews, but the stitching on the strap is actually orange...meant, I believe, to "pick up" and complement the orange 60 just under the "12" tritium tube marker. I like it, myself, but am looking forward to seeing my NT with the incoming rubber strap. If that doesn't send me over the moon, then I might get a thick black leather pilot style strap to help capitalize on the NT's military/pilot style influence. The beautiful pics that our fellow members have posted, with alternate straps, provide a lot of great ideas!

Wear it in good health!
    Last edited by sukispop; October 16th, 2007 at 01:09.
    Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Seiko Blue "Sumo" SBDC003
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1
    Casio G-Shock GW-2500B-1A G-Aviator
    Ball Engineer Master II Classic
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti "Mad Cow"
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m LE "America's Cup"
    Seiko Black Monster w/Yobokies Anvil bracelet
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual SS(wedding gift)

Quote Originally Posted by scosgt View Post
    This watch NEEDS a plain black strap. I am going to try a 22mm with white stitches, and I have some 20mm on a deployant I will try, but really, PLAIN BLACK.
    I was just thinking...if it really bothers you, you could get a black medium point sharpie and change the orange stitching to black. I know this sounds like a "crafts corner" kind of solution...but I hear of WIS folks doing it all the time!

Just a thought....
    Take care,
    Geoff

Damasko DA36 Black
    Seiko Blue "Sumo" SBDC003
    Enzo Mechana Sub Hatch
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage
    Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1
    Casio G-Shock GW-2500B-1A G-Aviator
    Ball Engineer Master II Classic
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti "Mad Cow"
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m LE "America's Cup"
    Seiko Black Monster w/Yobokies Anvil bracelet
    Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual SS(wedding gift)

I would not ruin the original strap, just in case someone wants to trade with me!
    It looks QUITE good on white stitching. I have it on a 20mm with deployant, but there is just too much gap to look good. 22mm works fine, but the two I have on hand are L, and just too long for me, it makes it uncomforable, so I will be looking for a nice 22R for this baby. I think RHD had some nice ones on the other sales forum today.
    BTW, the trick to fitting a 22mm is to SQUEEZE the ends in a pliers, then mount. It will expand back out to fill the slot and look great.

Jeff, is there a Fireman 21mm strap with white stitching in stock? If so, I'll have my dealer order it.
    Thanks

Brian is first in line!

We are looking forward to them!

Quote Originally Posted by jhess View Post
    Brian is first in line!

We are looking forward to them!
    For the strap with white stitching? Drat, I want to be first.

Quote Originally Posted by scosgt View Post
    ...This watch NEEDS a plain black strap. I am going to try a 22mm with white stitches, and I have some 20mm on a deployant I will try, but really, PLAIN BLACK. If the white stitching works, maybe I will order a Fireman strap from my dealer in 21mm, I think they do make that (will need to look at the web site).
    Dear All,

I mentioned this to scosgt over PM, but I thought it would be good for all to know. The Night Train will take any strap that fits the 43mm Fireman.

That includes:
    Black with white stitching
    Honey brown with white stitching

As is the case with the Night Train rubber strap, this would be a special order & your dealer may have to wait a while for delivery.

But we are happy to provide any strap in our collection that will fit your watch.

Regards,
    Jeremy
    Last edited by ballwatch; October 17th, 2007 at 06:36.

...needs to update his signature line.
    July 08 Newsletter: New World Record for Guillaume Néry, Diver GMT, Aviator
    Baselworld 2008 Newsletter: Guillaume Néry, Trieste Chronograph, Moonlight Special
    Click to view the BALL Engineer Master II Diver TMT.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information